So, I was looking for a tube amp to gig with, and came across this:

http://www.thomann.de/it/bugera_6262212.htm

333€ for an all valve 120W 2x12 tube amp. Most reviews are positive and say it's a bit like a Peavey 5150/6505 (which is a great thing because I play rock and metal). Is it true?
Bugera are known to copy peavey's for a much lower price (THey copied the XXX/3120 and the 5150/6510+). The downside is that they are very unreliable. They have a tendency to break. There are horror stories of people having them die within the first week of ownership. Sometimes they're simple problems like lights dying, or small wiring issues. A real serious issue with them is that a long time ago when they first started some of their amps literally started on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUtynkhSJ58&feature=related

There are also people with no issues at all. I think it's random. The amps are made in china, so whoever the hell are making them (probably kids) might screw up on some parts and not really care, or just suck at making amps. I was thinking of getting a bugera head for cheap I was seriously considering it, but their reliability issues pushed me away.

As far as tone, it's almost exact http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ghM952BB8

If you really want to get it, I'd buy it and take it to a amp tech right away, I heard a more common problem these days is with the tubes.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 7, 2012,
Well Bugera amps are made by Behringer, so if your a snob, it ain't for you. It will sound good, however you will be frowned upon by all the high end tube snobs. I'd go for it, if your band are tight, you'll make the dudes with their high end Marshall half stacks feel somewhat inferior :')
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
It's a copy of a peavey amp, I'm not sure which one but bugera are. Famous for making decent peavey copies. I haven't tried one but my guess is that the main difference between the. Bugera and the peavey is that the bugera will have considerably worse speakers. But this is just a guess. The amps seems cool though.
Quote by Any7423
Well Bugera amps are made by Behringer, so if your a snob, it ain't for you. It will sound good, however you will be frowned upon by all the high end tube snobs. I'd go for it, if your band are tight, you'll make the dudes with their high end Marshall half stacks feel somewhat inferior :')

Or maybe people don't want to risk running into their amp breaking down, which is a serious thing to consider. I don't really give a shit what the name of the brand is, but I looked into bugera and their problems, while they might have been minimized, still exist. It seems like if you roll the dice and get unlucky your amp will break on you.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 7, 2012,
T00DeepBlue had one till he turned it on when it wasn't plugged into a cab and blew up the transformer. Anyways he claims it sounds just like a 6505.
I heard that they have improved a lot with the new INFINIUM series. Shouldn't be lit on fire that easily or so.. However, I still don't trust them just for what happened in the past until I'm proven totally wrong.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by FearMyLightning
T00DeepBlue had one till he turned it on when it wasn't plugged into a cab and blew up the transformer. Anyways he claims it sounds just like a 6505.

How did he manage that?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
bugeras going kaput is a simple fact of life.

also, what's a 6510?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.