I know this has been discussed multiple times but I have never found a thread with a conclusive answer. So what is the correct method to clean a maple neck? My technician told me just use lemon oil but when I read the label it said not for use on maple necks.
Use a cloth.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Lemon oil is really only for rosewood. I just plain out never clean my maple fretboard guitars because maple is a dense wood anyways and take A LONG TIME to dry out.
So I just remove the green stuff that accumulates from sweat manually ?
Quote by rami80
So I just remove the green stuff that accumulates from sweat manually ?

Yeah, with a cloth.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Where do you get green stuff from sweat? I thought my hands sweat a lot because I can only use coated strings otherwise they just die. Try wiping it down with a cloth, and washing your hands with soap that dries your hands up.
Well it sticks on the neck's wood. I don't actually sweat a lot in normal conditions but I live in a country which has high humidity levels so if I walk 100m I'd be soaked. The weird thing is that I clean my strings after playing and it still appears.
Yes they are mainly concentrated over there but sometimes they build up in between
Check out Mr ducks Ax wax. I think thats what it is called. It is an all over the guitar product even claims to be a string lube. After I use up my stringfellowes lem-oil and this orange smelling stuff I have I am going to get the AXE WAX.
What the hell!!!
I would suggest coated strings, or stainless steel strings then. It might really reduce all the gunk and you won't have to clean the fretboard really. Again remember to use cheap soap that dries your hands lol. That's what I do.

EDIT: What the guy said below me would also work out pretty well.
Last edited by Myaccount876 at Jan 8, 2012,
When you re string it.. while the strings are off... a soft toothbrush and Denatured Alcohol.. Get the stuff out of the frets... wipe it down real good with a soft cloth

Done!!
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!