I have a Traben Chaoscore-4, which comes with dual Rockfield Humbucker pickups. The pickups are always giving me a fuzzy sound when I hook up to the PA system my friend owns or when I turn my personal amp, a Behringer Ultrabass250 (I believe... I know the 250 part is correct) loud. It only sounds like a clean/natural bass sound when I'm at home and the volume isn't very high on my amp. I have tried to correct the settings on my personal amp, and have come somewhat close to getting the sound I want, but there is still fuzziness. Not only that, but I can't hook up to the PA without it being fuzzy. I've attempted for at least and hour during each practice just to try and get a good natural sound to come out of the speakers. No matter what I do it comes out fuzzy, so I've decided that I should just exchange the pickups for something that I hope will fix my problem. I was thinking about getting EMG or Music Man pickups, but I am not sure which model, or if they would even be best for my instrument. I play Metalcore/Deathcore mostly, but I listen to/play just about any genre.
Doesn't sounds like the pickups' fault to me.
That's a seriously crappy amp you have there, I'd look at that first.

Do you DI out from your amp into the PA, use a seperate DI box or guitar cable straight in?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by BassintheSky
I have a Traben Chaoscore-4, which comes with dual Rockfield Humbucker pickups.

I play Metalcore/Deathcore mostly, but I listen to/play just about any genre.

Does that have an active EQ? I have no clue about trabens, but maybe a battery? That is a really bad amp though, Berhinger are known for having issues. Could also be bad shielding or grounding maybe if you described it wrong or faulty wiring.

Are you saying you play in a deathcore band but do everything else at home? I don't think your pickup choice effects what you listen to, and saying you only really play metalcore but really play everything, is kind of like saying 50% of the time it works all the time.

Best thing is try another bass or guitar even through said amp and PA and see if it has an issue at similar volumes.
Nothing to do with the pickups man, Rockfield make some good stuff.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by askrere
Best thing is try another bass or guitar even through said amp and PA and see if it has an issue at similar volumes.

This. you have to eliminate a lot of factors before you can blame the pick ups... have you tried this yet?
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
The only way you're going to get Musicman pickups is to find someone who was stupid enough to change theirs out and buy them second hand or go in to the MM factory with a gun and rob them. EBMM are VERY protective of their electronics, you can't buy them separately from one of their basses.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Thanks for all of the replies. To be honest, I wasn't even thinking it was the pickups until my drummer was like "Hey! Dude! Your sound is fuzzy:P Maybe it's the pickups? You should fix that before May" My initial and only reaction to this was, "Your main instrument is drums... and... you're telling me to fix my bass and everything because of a slightly fuzzy sound coming coming from speakers connected to a head that doesn't allow for much ability to change that?" To be honest, I only even put this on here to see if the pickups COULD be the problem. Based on what you've all told me, that most certainly is not the case. So I'm going to save up for buying myself a head so that I can ensure that my tone is natural and warm. Thank you all for the replies. And I figured that the fuzziness coming from my amp was due to its low quality. Once I move and get a job, I'll keep my amp situation well under keeps. Thank you for a third time:P