I have been playing guitar for 3 years and am stuck in a rut. Ive learned many things, I am advanced at sweep picking, tapping, finger picking, slide guitar, and any technique I am able to discover, I have leared covers from the likes of Bob Dylan and the Eagles, to Malmsteem and Vai, to Michael Angelo Batio and Rand Rhoads, and even Tommy Emmanuel, and Paco de Lucia. I want to continue improving but I dont know what to learn next, I can read music, sight read, and have a moderate understanding of music theory. I am looing for suggestions, what do I do next? perhaps offer me some new influences, I am desperate to learn more. Classical, Acoustic, Electric. Metal, Folk, country, blues. Anything my fellow UG'rs can think of
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"
Acoustic dubstep
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Study Hendrix, seriously, study him.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
ITT: OP brags.

This.
MANCHESTER UNITED
What you need...

...is a new amp.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Maybe start by not talking bull (y)
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Do something original or else you've wasted your time becoming a copycat.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Get in a band, go play live.
Pamposh’s final question before drifting into a state of transcendent ecstasy was, “But Master, if everything is an illusion, then why does anything matter?”

To which the master replied, “It may all be an illusion, but it’s a very real illusion.”
play left handed

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by vidieowiz4
I have been playing guitar for 3 years and am stuck in a rut. Ive learned many things, I am advanced at sweep picking, tapping, finger picking, slide guitar, and any technique I am able to discover,

Yeah, but can you do them well? I'm sure you're overestimating your abilities.

I have leared covers from the likes of Bob Dylan and the Eagles, to Malmsteem and Vai, to Michael Angelo Batio and Rand Rhoads, and even Tommy Emmanuel, and Paco de Lucia.

Same thing. Can you actually play the songs, or do you just know the notes?

I want to continue improving but I dont know what to learn next, I can read music, sight read, and have a moderate understanding of music theory. I am looing for suggestions, what do I do next?

Maybe get better at things you already know. Either that or learn to clawhammer.

perhaps offer me some new influences, I am desperate to learn more. Classical, Acoustic, Electric. Metal, Folk, country, blues. Anything my fellow UG'rs can think of

Jimmy Bryant, Sonny Landreth, Rik Emmett, Danny Gatton, Grant Green, Paul Ryan, Ron Jarzombek, Robin Trower, Dylan Ruskin, Chet Atkins, hide, Lester Flatt, Christian Muenzner, Allan Holdsworth, Al Di Meola, Khaki King, etc.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by vidieowiz4
I have been playing guitar for 3 years and am stuck in a rut. Ive learned many things, I am advanced at sweep picking, tapping, finger picking, slide guitar, and any technique I am able to discover, I have leared covers from the likes of Bob Dylan and the Eagles, to Malmsteem and Vai, to Michael Angelo Batio and Rand Rhoads, and even Tommy Emmanuel, and Paco de Lucia. I want to continue improving but I dont know what to learn next, I can read music, sight read, and have a moderate understanding of music theory. I am looing for suggestions, what do I do next? perhaps offer me some new influences, I am desperate to learn more. Classical, Acoustic, Electric. Metal, Folk, country, blues. Anything my fellow UG'rs can think of
Dude your the Boss!

Pickup a new instrument. Get a trumpet, saxophone, or some other kind of ensemble instrument. It's ridiculous how much it's helped me.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by vidieowiz4

Congratulations.

Has your penis grown from it?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Jazz guitar. Learn it.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I'd say join a band and/or start writing your own shit. Put all your knowledge to the test and start coming up with stuff that's as good as the stuff you've learned from.

It's the only way.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Start writing music. I can't remember the last time I sat down and learned a song, but I'm always coming up with new ideas everyday because when I sit down and play guitar, I just play what comes out of my fingers, not what came out of someone elses. And for that reason, it is quite the fulfilling instrument because I'm not just copying others. I'm creating.
thank you for the serious responses, im not intending to brag, also as for the gear and comments about my videos they are old and outdated, I have improved my gear as well as my playing. I will attempt to create my own songs, Ive avoided it a long time.
me playing malmsteem

Quote by Kivarenn82
just tell him "no chick is gonna lay you if you serenade her with a playstation controller"