So not sure if this is the correct forum but it looks good to me.

Made a "Stairway to Heaven" cover for my UG profile. However a little thing caught my eye;

Music from signed artists (Everything you hear on the radio!)
Music that was copied off official CDs or bought digitally (You are not allowed to distribute MP3s even if it's from your own digital collection)

So, just wanted to know from someone who knows (specifically a mod?) can I upload it and be alright? I'm assuming no...
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Im pretty sure it only means the original recordings by the band, there is a whole section on UG in recordings for cover songs so you should be fine!

id love to hear it btw!
Awesome, just the intro though.. Just wanted to try out my new recording stuff so its a little rough.
Quote by behind_you
Ostrich thread would've been much better.

Quote by JustRooster
Alright, alright. Whatever. Here's what I'll do. I'm an evolutionary biology major. When I graduate I'll give her all my text books for your birthday. And I won't even get her pregnant.
Yeah, uploading actual original recordings by the original artist is a clear violation of copyright.

Uploading covers of your own, theoretically, should also be illegal. Apparently, with this site it is not, but I've never understood what loopholes they are taking advantage of at UG, or what licences they are/are not paying to allow this.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.