Was thinking about getting a cheaper back up guitar and saw this gretsch g5415. looks good but I dont know much about it. Any Opinions on / experiences with the guitar?
I've had a few Electromatics over the years, and always been extremely happy with them. In my opinion they're better than any Epiphone I've played.

They're a good purchase - they play well, they're guitars you can count on, they sound good, and they're uncommon enough to be a bit different.

Buy one, you won't regret it.

Are you considering anything else for comparison?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
I've had a few Electromatics over the years, and always been extremely happy with them. In my opinion they're better than any Epiphone I've played.

They're a good purchase - they play well, they're guitars you can count on, they sound good, and they're uncommon enough to be a bit different.

+1 they are really well built beautiful guitars
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Thanks for the advice. They do look great and if they play as good as they look I may just purchase it
Quote by GaryBillington

well I was also considering some of the single cutaway danelectros. Similar looking guitar for a similar price.
I've never actually played a Danelectro so can't comment on that side of things, but I've always been tempted by them because they're a bit different and I don't know anybody else with one!

Things to bear in mind:

1 - Danelectro's have single coil pickups. If you play anything heavy, as a rule you'll want humbuckers. That makes the Electromatics a better choice.

2 - Danelectro's have single coil pickups. If your main guitar has humbuckers, it could be a good idea to buy a second guitar which is as different as possible, so that makes the Danelectro a better choice.

Obviously the only real advice in any thread like this is to get to a store and try them out, but as they're both slightly less common you may find that a bit harder. Have you compared both makes in the reviews section?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud