Any of you guys have this kit? I picked this kit up from musicians friend about 6 months ago,retail was like $309 but with the deal they had going on I nabbed it for $280.It is 2 12inch swamp things and 2 12inch texas heats.Each speaker can handle 150 watts.I put this in the straight cab(bottom cab)of my stack and the low end coming out of that cab is brutal.I don't play metal,I was looking for speakers that had big bottom end and these worked out great.
I'm getting a 212 cab soon and converting my combo into a head. I have an eminence governor in my amp now which sounds amazing but lacks some lows at a distance. I've heard both the texas heat and swamp thing are good for metal. Which has more bass though. Interested in mating my governor with another speaker thats got a lil more grumble to it without the bass being too loose though.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Last edited by whyze250f at Jan 7, 2012,
Quote by whyze250f
I'm getting a 212 cab soon and converting my combo into a head. I have an eminence governor in my amp now which sounds amazing but lacks some lows at a distance. I've heard both the texas heat and swamp thing are good for metal. Which has more bass though. Interested in mating my governor with another speaker thats got a lil more grumble to it without the bass being too loose though.

swamps have more low end than the th's. Both sound great though
I did a whole bunch of soundclips using eminence speakers and 4 different amps, including the swamp thang, texas heat, wizard, and tonespotter.
check it out: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28538161&postcount=44
I didn't buy this particular package, but I did have a cab for awhile that had a Texas Heat and Swamp Thang speaker in it. The two speakers compliment each other really well, the Swamp Thang provides a very nice low end while the Texas heat provides more of the high end.
I am quite fond of the Swamp Thangs. Because I run a stereo setup, I want both channels through the same type of speaker. Very nice. I also have a set of the Private Jacks and they also have an excellent bottom end, but a lower power handling ability.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
This speaker kit was one of the best upgrades I have ever done to my gear.I just recently bought a cheap 16ohm cab to pair with this one(other cab was only 8ohm).I jammed with it one time,and the new cab just had too much high end.If you guys can recommend some good 16ohm midrange replacement speakers for my new cab It would be greatly appreciated.I started doing some homework,I have been looking into eminence legend speakers.Anybody have any experience with these? Just for a reference.I am totally against high end music in general.I saw Pantera live once and left in the middle of the second song.They were too much high end and just gave me a migraine headache.I like feel it in the pit of your stomach heavy music........Thanks in advance.
^^I can see what you're saying, but you probably don't want ALL low-end in your setup or you won't be heard above the bass and drums. You need some mid/high end to cut through the mix. That's why I think the combination of a low-voiced speaker with a higher/middy voiced speaker might be perfect.

I just installed an Eminence Governor in my amp a couple days ago and it certainly is a vast improvement over the stock speaker. It's not broken-in yet but it already sounds awesome. I haven't really cranked it yet to bring out the lows but I think the overall improvement in tone quality will be worth any bottom-end I lost. I can tell you one thing, it still sounds brutal as all hell, just a little different voicing. Ultimately though I think I'd like to get a 2X12 cab so I can have the best of both worlds.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by StonerRockGuru
This speaker kit was one of the best upgrades I have ever done to my gear.I just recently bought a cheap 16ohm cab to pair with this one(other cab was only 8ohm).I jammed with it one time,and the new cab just had too much high end.If you guys can recommend some good 16ohm midrange replacement speakers for my new cab It would be greatly appreciated.I started doing some homework,I have been looking into eminence legend speakers.Anybody have any experience with these? Just for a reference.I am totally against high end music in general.I saw Pantera live once and left in the middle of the second song.They were too much high end and just gave me a migraine headache.I like feel it in the pit of your stomach heavy music........Thanks in advance.

Take a look at the Legend V12, great speaker.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate