Hey guys and gals,

I just got a B-52 LG 100 Stealth Series half-stack. It's my first half stack and I was just wondering if there was anything that I should know. Any common mistakes people make that I can avoid. For those who don't know it's solid state.

Thanks in advance!
i was looking at those for a moment.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Make sure you have speaker cable from head to cab, not instrument cable.
Make sure you don't run the amp without the cab connected to the head. I don't know if that applies to solid state stacks, but I get the feeling it does.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by romeozdistress
i was looking at those for a moment.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it was you who was also looking for a new amp. All I can say is, it's not a bad choice for metal. As a matter of fact, it's a very good amp for the harder stuff, although I mostly got it for a thrash tone and it suits me very well.
Quote by AsOneIStand
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was you who was also looking for a new amp. All I can say is, it's not a bad choice for metal. As a matter of fact, it's a very good amp for the harder stuff, although I mostly got it for a thrash tone and it suits me very well.

I'm really leaning towards jet city 20 watt combo. dont need all the high wattage stuff.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by romeozdistress
I'm really leaning towards the 6505+ 112 combo. but 60 watts is gonna be LOUD. its never gonna go past 1 lol.

I imagine the B-52 gets about to the same level as it's 120 watts but solid state. But I'm not lying. You can get these amps for a good deal and they really are worth it.
thats cool, alot of the guys here seemed to frown upon cheap half stacks so I didnt even bother. then again I have no use for a high wattage amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
thats cool, alot of the guys here seemed to frown upon cheap half stacks so I didnt even bother. then again I have no use for a high wattage amp.

What amp are you planning to get?
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
What amp are you planning to get?

ive been looking at the jet citys again alot today. I am in the very beginning stages of guitar playing. I too have a jackson. how do you like yours?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
ive been looking at the jet citys again alot today. I am in the very beginning stages of guitar playing. I too have a jackson. how do you like yours?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-JS-Series-Electric-Guitar-2008-Model-511564-i1604402.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=606885680

It's like the older, less fancier version of yours. Picked it up a few years ago, It only has two flaws. I'm not a fan of the alder body and I think the jack is in a very bad spot. You pretty much have to stand to play this guitar because of the location of the jack...that, or get an extremely rugged right-angle cable. I believe it has the same pickups as yours.

I've got 13-17-26w-36-46-56 strings on it and tuned to C-F-B♭-E♭-G-C. Sometimes I drop the low C even further.

If I could afford to, I'd retire the guitar and get...

Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Jackson-JS30RR-Rhoads-JS-Series-Electric-Guitar-2008-Model-511564-i1604402.gc?&source=4WFRWXX&CAWELAID=606885680

It's like the older, less fancier version of yours. Picked it up a few years ago, It only has two flaws. I'm not a fan of the alder body and I think the jack is in a very bad spot. You pretty much have to stand to play this guitar because of the location of the jack...that, or get an extremely rugged right-angle cable. I believe it has the same pickups as yours.

I've got 13-17-26w-36-46-56 strings on it and tuned to C-F-B♭-E♭-G-C. Sometimes I drop the low C even further.

If I could afford to, I'd retire the guitar and get...

sweet man. I mostly play standard tuning. I would like to get into playing some lamb of god and machine head and stuff like that eventually. Im a beginner so right i just play like megadeth and metallica and some white stripes. and I like my guitar, only thing I hate is putting strings on it with the damn reverse headstock. might change the pickups out for fun. and i use 11-50 daddarios.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
D'Addario is my favorite brand of strings. I'm considering an EMG 85 active pickup for the bridge shortly after I get a Peavey 6505+ 112. I don't think I want to replace the neck pickup. I kinda like it, surprisingly.

Sometime after that, I plan on having a 7-string. Probably with a Crunch Lab/Liquifire combination, or the much more expensive Bare Knuckle Aftermaths.

Damn it. Going off topic in this thread.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
D'Addario is my favorite brand of strings. I'm considering an EMG 85 active pickup for the bridge shortly after I get a Peavey 6505+ 112. I don't think I want to replace the neck pickup. I kinda like it, surprisingly.

Sometime after that, I plan on having a 7-string. Probably with a Crunch Lab/Liquifire combination, or the much more expensive Bare Knuckle Aftermaths.

Damn it. Going off topic in this thread.

just message me bro. i was thinking of active pickups. but i seems like a big hassle to install them with the battery and all.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
sweet man. I mostly play standard tuning. I would like to get into playing some lamb of god and machine head and stuff like that eventually. Im a beginner so right i just play like megadeth and metallica and some white stripes. and I like my guitar, only thing I hate is putting strings on it with the damn reverse headstock. might change the pickups out for fun. and i use 11-50 daddarios.

I'm sure you know this already, but if you're going to be playing Machine Head, you'll need to tune to Drop B, but from that, tune it up a few cents. They play somewhere between Drop B and C.
Yeah I know man. im hoping to get another guitar for stnadard and getting this jacksons et up for drop b.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A