Page 1 of 4
Quote by goest
Since we can't get out, why not go as deep as possible?

When we need a candidate who has gone deep before, there is only one man America can turn to.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Well.......
Terry Jones 2012 our only hope.

I hope you mean Terry Jones from Monty Python. I'd vote for that guy.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by palm mute
When we need a candidate who has gone deep before, there is only one man America can turn to.

Obama?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Hehe, no. That being said, we're probably ****ed in November.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by ethan_hanus
We've known this for years, Obama just helped speed it up faster. Thanks Obama, now we are doomed sooner.

You make it really hard to take you seriously with these kinds of posts
Judging from history, the logical thing to conclude is that everything is just going to get worse and worse until there's finally some sort of public movement in favor of getting rid of the ridiculous banking system. Of course, knowing America, it's going to get really, REALLY bad before that happens, and it's going to continue to be shitty for years to come afterwards.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
As far as economics go, I think Mitt Romney is probably the best choice of what we've got to work with. All we can do at this point is try to balance a budget and cut government spending/taxes. That will give the people more money and that is what will jump-start the economy and job market.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by Jostry
Obama?

i think he might be talking about bill clinton
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
This isn't news. We've been nose deep in debt to other nations for decades; China owns more of this country than we do. It's technically not even the US anymore.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by ethan_hanus
We've known this for years, Obama just helped speed it up faster. Thanks Obama, now we are doomed sooner.

and i've followed the american politics pretty well, and like... george bush took an economy that had surplus as in, the us govt made more money than they were spending and were not in debt(atleast from what i remember). And he brought the us over 12trillion dollars in debt and the world into a recession.

Now, obama has slowed the downward spiral, not sped it up. if he'd sped it up, the us would be far past 20trillion in debt by now.

so... yeah...
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
The concept of "fractional reserve banking" scares the shite out of me, as does the federal reserve. Now to check how European banks work, please don't be fractional reserve banking...
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
i think he might be talking about bill clinton

I'm gonna write a strongly-worded letter and slip it into my ballot begging for Bill to come back for a term.
Quote by conor-figgy
The concept of "fractional reserve banking" scares the shite out of me, as does the federal reserve. Now to check how European banks work, please don't be fractional reserve banking...

Europe kinda beat us to the whole monetary system crashing thing....so I expect the worse good sir.
Quote by ethan_hanus

I hate stupid comments like this. We don't function under a governing monarchy. He's not King Obama. There are three branches of government, countless lobbies, and private funding that all pull the choice in the US government. Saying the president is to blame for what the government chooses is like saying that Ford is responsible every time something happens to a car. It's just asinine.

If you were trolling or joking, apologies.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I hate stupid comments like this. We don't function under a governing monarchy. He's not King Obama. There are three branches of government, countless lobbies, and private funding that all pull the choice in the US government. Saying the president is to blame for what the government chooses is like saying that Ford is responsible every time something happens to a car. It's just asinine.

If you were trolling or joking, apologies.

The sad thing is, whenever there is something wrong with a Ford, people tend to blame Ford for being cheap money grubbing executives...you can't tell me you haven't cursed your car for problems.

Well, considering Congress is almost irrelevant in most decisions, and Obama makes alot of executive orders when he doesn't get his way...it sure feels like he is King Obama. Plus, he golfs too much, takes to many vacations, and is wayyyy to comfortable with spending trillions of dollars without being 100% sure where that money is going and if it will actually do anything.

Am I trolling....could be.
Quote by ethan_hanus
The sad thing is, whenever there is something wrong with a Ford, people tend to blame Ford for being cheap money grubbing executives...you can't tell me you haven't cursed your car for problems.

Well, considering Congress is almost irrelevant in most decisions, and Obama makes alot of executive orders when he doesn't get his way...it sure feels like he is King Obama. Plus, he golfs too much, takes to many vacations, and is wayyyy to comfortable with spending trillions of dollars without being 100% sure where that money is going and if it will actually do anything.

Am I trolling....could be.

I didn't say that whenever a FORD breaks, people blame Ford. I said car.

And no, congress is not almost irrelevant. Obama hasn't gotten his way on most of the things he's tried to do, which means by your thought, he'd be sending out executive decree multiple times weekly. And as far as being comfortable throwing money out, the government does it regardless of who's delivering the news.

Semi-unrelated - if I had to sit inside the middle of the retirement castle clusterfck that is the US Government day in and day out, then get blamed for everything that it does wrong when I couldn't actually decide what to do about almost all of it, I'd golf all day long and live on vacation.

And too many people hate you for you to be serious.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
You know I'm right.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by ethan_hanus
Europe kinda beat us to the whole monetary system crashing thing....so I expect the worse good sir.

Crap... I think most of the banking systems in the world use this system.
Quote by strat0blaster
I didn't say that whenever a FORD breaks, people blame Ford. I said car.

And no, congress is not almost irrelevant. Obama hasn't gotten his way on most of the things he's tried to do, which means by your thought, he'd be sending out executive decree multiple times weekly. And as far as being comfortable throwing money out, the government does it regardless of who's delivering the news.

Semi-unrelated - if I had to sit inside the middle of the retirement castle clusterfck that is the US Government day in and day out, then get blamed for everything that it does wrong when I couldn't actually decide what to do about almost all of it, I'd golf all day long and live on vacation.

And too many people hate you for you to be serious.

If he can't handle the pressure then he shouldn't be our president. Plus, he/democratic party hasn't passed a budget since he's been in office...that' required by the Constitution....So he/democratic party is breaking Constitutional law....Just a side thought.
I, for one, accept our impending economic doom.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Yeah, this looks like an unbiased source. The URL "the economic collapse blog" and incredibly grim subtitle definitely don't seem like they're biased at all.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
guitarxo, I saw that fail
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by ethan_hanus
If he can't handle the pressure then he shouldn't be our president. Plus, he/democratic party hasn't passed a budget since he's been in office...that' required by the Constitution....So he/democratic party is breaking Constitutional law....Just a side thought.

Precisely 0% a pressure issue, and more a "almost all of the entire government is accustomed to operating in a way that's beneficial for them, and not the majority of the people they govern, so why should I waste my time beating my head against a wall when I'm going to get blamed for the sh_t, called lucky for the positive, and ignored otherwise?" issue.

And if every politician that broke a constitutional law was thrown out of congress, there would be precisely six people running this country, and they would only still be there because there would be no judicial officials to sentence them.

As far as a 'he/democratic' issue, enough with the partisanship horse offal. They're all crooks, I don't care if they ride a donkey, an elephant, or a rainbow unicorn that sh_ts rainbows and rains candy.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jan 7, 2012,
Quote by strat0blaster
Precisely 0% a pressure issue, and more a "almost all of the entire government is accustomed to operating in a way that's beneficial for them, and not the majority of the people they govern, so why should I waste my time beating my head against a wall when I'm going to get blamed for the sh_t, called lucky for the positive, and ignored otherwise?" issue.

And if every politician that broke a constitutional law was thrown out of congress, there would be precisely six people running this country, and they would only still be there because there would be no judicial officials to sentence them.

As far as a 'he/democratic' issue, enough with the partisanship horse offal. They're all crooks, I don't care if they ride a donkey, an elephant, or a rainbow unicorn that sh_ts rainbows and rains candy.

Good thing you are starting to see the light.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Good thing you are starting to see the light.

Starting?

I never said Obama was good, whether it's as a man, president, or politician.

You don't get to office of any sort as a good person. That's why we're in this stink fest. In a system like the one that governs the US, when it's everyone's responsibility to ensure that things go well and smoothly, that the people and land that comprise it are taken care of and cared for, everyone is guilty.

Everyone puts on a good face for election day, and if what Obama promised is what had happened, he could've been good - president and man. Unfortunately I think I'm far too jaded at this point to take someone's word because they have a nice smile, a wife that has a nice smile, and wear a nice suit while they're speaking nicely. Especially when he's making promises that he, or any one, single person, can't realistically keep in a government run by many.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Starting?

I never said Obama was good, whether it's as a man, president, or politician.

You don't get to office of any sort as a good person. That's why we're in this stink fest. In a system like the one that governs the US, when it's everyone's responsibility to ensure that things go well and smoothly, that the people and land that comprise it are taken care of and cared for, everyone is guilty.

Everyone puts on a good face for election day, and if what Obama promised is what had happened, he could've been good - president and man. Unfortunately I think I'm far too jaded at this point to take someone's word because they have a nice smile, a wife that has a nice smile, and wear a nice suit while they're speaking nicely. Especially when he's making promises that he, or any one, single person, can't realistically keep in a government run by many.

Like I said, starting to see the light.

I think I took a bad combination of medicine.....
Page 1 of 4