Hey yall, new here. Names John.

I'm thinking of upgrading the blue marvel in my c30 with something from WGS.
I split my time between blues and QOTSA style rock, specifically from songs for the deaf.
I use various strats and one tele for the most part.

Im thinking about getting the Et65. Does anyone have any input on this choice or possibly another suggestion?

I'm trying hard to stay on the cheap side so definitely less than 100 bucks.

Also im having my dad build a cab for me. Ive heard the blue marvel actually sounds good in a closed back cab so would it be wise for me to have him build a 1x12 and just slap that in there?
I heard those sounds pretty good with greenbacks, so something like the green beret (even though its only 25 watts) or the reaper (g1h30, which is in a nutshell a 30 watt greenback) would probably be good.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Ive done a little more research and i'm between the et65 and the reaper hp.
Its really a hard one because the reaper seams to have that sparkle and crisp sound while the et65 has the darker sound.
I plan to crank this bitch so I think I need something 50watts+
You really should consider getting an empty cabinet and loading it with two Green Berets. The Classic 30 is based off the Vox AC30 which either comes with Green Backs of Alnico Blues. Getting a cab with two Green Berets could get it closer to that Voxy sound.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Thats a good idea but I'm kinda chasing another sound. I'm kinda just working with what I got due to unwillingness to shell out cash and emotional attachment to my amp lol.

Though I cant say I wouldnt pick up a 4x10 classic 50 for the right price.
The thing is if you're chasing another sound you might just be using the wrong amp.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
30 watts is more than enough. Speaker makers know amps can make more power than their rated wattage thus speakers are also conservatively rated. A 30 watt speaker should be able to handle at least 45 watts.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
The thing is if you're chasing another sound you might just be using the wrong amp.

Well the sound I'm chasing isn't radically off like me going for a Mesa Boogie or anything.

and would you suggest a lower wattage speaker then? I'm looking for lots of headroom, I mostly use the lead channel for anything dirty
If you want more headroom get a speaker with a higher sensitivity. Higher wattage helps a little bit, I seriously don't you're playing the amp loud enough to cause the speaker to distort. (though its possible)
Ah. ya probably not loud enough but at the same price are there any pro's with going for a smaller wattage speaker?
It'll break up sooner, if thats the sound your after. If the amp has more power than the speaker you do need to be careful not to blow it.
oh in that case I'll probably stick with a 50 watter. At this point its looking like I'm gonna get an et65 and slap the blue marvel in a home made 1x12. Ill get my top and bottom from the ET and mids from the marvel.