Page 1 of 2
I was think today about this so bear with me.

we know time is not a constant but rather a variable and we know time can be bent.so let's say it will take 6 light years to get from point "A" to point "B".traveling at the speed of light it would take 6 years to reach your destination.So could you bend time to where the distance you actually have to travel is shorter making is seem as though you are actually just traveling faster.also there is an infinite amount of numbers meaning there are an infinite amount of degrees you could bend time making it so were you could arrive at your destination seemingly instantaneously AKA teleportation.

So am i on to something or am I crazy?
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

You could even use that infinite amount of NEGATIVE numbers to arrive instantaneously before you arrived, and arrive again to double your enjoyment!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
You could even use that infinite amount of NEGATIVE numbers to arrive instantaneously before you arrived, and arrive again to double your enjoyment!

How about we just invent the Heart of Gold drive, and put it in a ship.
wasn't this the entire point of Back to the Future or something?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Lay off the drugs TS.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by ethan_hanus
How about we just invent the Heart of Gold drive, and put it in a ship.

The Heart of Gold IS the ship, idiot.

>:C NERDRAGE
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
as you move faster through space you move more slowly through time so if you go the speed of light you would need infinite energy for you who have mass to go that fast which the finite universe doesn't have and time would stand still if you were going the speed of light.
Designating a specific time to just use bends in your music is silly.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Reisgar42
The Heart of Gold IS the ship, idiot.

>:C NERDRAGE

was just about to post that when i saw your comment :p
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by brender
I was think today about this so bear with me.

we know time is not a constant but rather a variable and we know time can be bent.so let's say it will take 6 light years to get from point "A" to point "B".traveling at the speed of light it would take 6 years to reach your destination.So could you bend time to where the distance you actually have to travel is shorter making is seem as though you are actually just traveling faster.also there is an infinite amount of numbers meaning there are an infinite amount of degrees you could bend time making it so were you could arrive at your destination seemingly instantaneously AKA teleportation.

So am i on to something or am I crazy?

Logic. You are missing it.

Also, nothing can travel faster than light, so no. Just no.
Quote by AtTheGates\m/
as you move faster through space you move more slowly through time so if you go the speed of light you would need infinite energy for you who have mass to go that fast which the finite universe doesn't have and time would stand still if you were going the speed of light.

This

But to use the creative side of my brain

All you have to do is enter the 4th dimension. All you have to do is travel inward, using a fractal like rout into the 4th dimension. Then you can just pop out anywhere you want in the universe. It's like going thru the earth rather than around.
Molecular disintegration under pressure high enough to heat those atoms into light based particles why travel by way of said force, which now exerts high multiples of the original force that acts as a mechanism for propulsion is clearly the only answer here.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'm not talking about traveling faster than the speed of light but something similar to what jrcsgtpeppers is saying.If you were trying to go to the opposite side of the earth and you just went straight through the earth it would SEEM as though you went at a faster rate of speed but in reality you just went a shorter distance
Quote by brender
I'm not talking about traveling faster than the speed of light but something similar to what jrcsgtpeppers is saying.If you were trying to go to the opposite side of the earth and you just went straight through the earth it would SEEM as though you went at a faster rate of speed but in reality you just went a shorter distance

just on this... if i walk a full circle around my house, then i walk back through my house(theoretically strait through)

I wouldn't go as far as to say i was travelling faster, or even that it would seem as if i was travelling faster
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
just on this... if i walk a full circle around my house, then i walk back through my house(theoretically strait through)

I wouldn't go as far as to say i was travelling faster, or even that it would seem as if i was travelling faster

but you would reach the other side of your house in a shorter amount of time right?That is what i am trying to get at.
Yeah, sure. Let me know when you figure it out

Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by damian_91
Lay off the drugs TS.

/thread
Quote by neidnarb11890
Image is about having hot licks & rock star swag, not fancy amps.

Quote by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man
Scientists in Europe are working on making electron sized black holes. It sounds like dangerous business but if we can study them enough to learn about how wormholes and if they even exist, im sure we can "fold" space and create a wormhole on either side of the fold to make distances shorter. I highly doubt we will ever get to light speed travel though. But who knows... could cavemen even comprehend the technology we have today?
Bend light, then the speed of light is left to your will.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
OK.

First: time is in itself not a distinct definition. Spacetime is a better one, where space and time are woven together. Manipulate one, you manipulate the other.

Second: we define out our universe is shaped. There is evidence that the universe is not simply 4-dimensional as relativity predicts, but is some higher (N>4)-dimensional. If this were true, it becomes easier to think of it as our 4-dimensional universe wrapped around the (N>4)-dimension. To us, this would make no observable difference in how we see the universe. Picture how we view the Earth: we know it is a 3-dimensional sphere, but to us on the surface, it appears 2-dimensional. Likewise, the universe, could be (N>4)-dimensional, but to us on the surface it appears 4-dimensional.

Third: The speed of light is immutable. It is a fundamental constant. There is no changing that.

So what is changeable? The energy density at a point in spacetime. Energy warps spacetime.

This, in turn, causes time to move at different rates in these pockets of warped time. But this is irrelevant to what I'm saying.

In the normal view of a "flat" 4 dimensional universe, the universe seems to be bent into nothing. Which makes no sense. However, in the (N>4) view of the universe, the universe could be said to be bending into the higher dimensions. If this were true, then things like this could happen:

This is a diagram of our universe, bent around a higher dimension. To us, on the "surface" of it, it will always appear 4-dimensional. In this model, an even occurs, and the information from that event travels away from it at the speed of light. We know an event occurs when the light reaches us, so in effect, we are always looking into the past.

Now. The grey lines represent a link in the universe of two points, through the higher-dimensional space. This could theoretically be accomplished by increasing the energy density of a point until the universe breaks through at another point. In this example, the two points, the event E, and the observer O, effectively occupy the same (undefined) point in space. Any action by either one will be instantaneously observed by the other.

The orange lines represent a link in a point sometime in the future of E, and in the past of O. Any information about E could enter this point, and arrive at O before it should, and before other information. It will essentially have time-traveled into its own future.

The purple lines represent a link in the future of O, and in the past of E. At this point in time, O will already know what has happened at E. However, by looking at this point, E will also be able to see what happened before E, instantly. In this example, we could see, for instance, a star expanding and exploding before the light from that explosion reaches us.

There's a whole lot of practical issues with doing any of this, but it is mostly theoretically sound.
Quote by Dreadnought

It's ALWAYS bending time

CRAP. I forgot to watch Futurama this morning.
TS discovered dimensional "folding" and moving via the 4th dimension.
Quote by Avedas
TS discovered dimensional "folding" and moving via the 4th dimension.

You can thank me later
I can't tell you how to travel 6 lightyears under 6 lightyears, but I can tell you how to get the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs
if you bend time, you bend space. you travel the time it takes you to travel the space. the less space, the more time, and vice-versa right?
so, what if we started work now, on a device which would survive the millenia? a device that would record? a device that, while raveling through space-time, could survive the temporal and spatial test's in order to bring our future generations information about the past?
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Seven sci-fi references and nobody mentions the fact that TS's post could have been taken directly out of A Wrinkle in Time. I believe they call it tesselating. That was one trippy-ass book if I remember correctly.

Yeah, A Wrinkle in Time, clearly the most relevant fiction reference here.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Seven sci-fi references and nobody mentions the fact that TS's post could have been taken directly out of A Wrinkle in Time. I believe they call it tesselating. That was one trippy-ass book if I remember correctly.

Yeah, A Wrinkle in Time, clearly the most relevant fiction reference here.

the fourth dimension is time, the fifth, is a tesseract. NERDRAGE

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No... They are both 4. Nerdrage

FFFFUUUUUUUUU

Page 1 of 2