My friend has a ibanez gio I believe it's a older model with a fender type floating trem. It don't have the fine tuners or locking nuts on the neck, but it does have the 2 plate things that go over the strings on head of guitar.

Does anyone know a good site we could use to restring an tune his guitar to drop c an how to block it off so it will be like a hardtail?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by Austin174 at Jan 8, 2012,
By 'plates' do you mean 'string trees'? Are you seriously telling me that you know how a Floyd works but not a standard tremolo?
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Give me a second an upload a couple but there not the best. Here are the pictures sorry for that crap quality.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Last edited by Austin174 at Jan 8, 2012,
Pictures are up.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Kinda hard to tune the guitar when the strings are...not there.

That guitar looks so grungy too.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Last edited by lemurflames at Jan 8, 2012,
I know how to tune a guitar but not with a trem. I took the strings off because I'm putting new ones on for him an cleaned his fretboard up.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Well, from the picture, the bridge is missing 5 saddles, unless you've removed them.

Aside from that, you haven't supplied a picture of "the 2 plate things that go over the strings on head of guitar," you were concerned with before?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You tune a guitar with a trem just like any other guitar...
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The two metal plates I am talking about look like a m shaped piece an one goes over the 5th and 4th strings, an the other goes over the 3rd and 2nd strings. I'm guessing they are there to help with holding the tuning.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
You took off the strings right? Just go in reverse.

There's only one thing to tune, and those are the tuners on the headstock.

You removed the saddles. This guitar needs to be intonated and the action reset. Take it to a shop. If you don't know how to string this guitar up, I doubt you can intonate and set the action. It's also NOT a floating trem.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by WtrPlyr
Depends how you set it up.

Not right now it isn't. IIRC, the gio is unable to pull up. The block rests pretty flat against the body, unless they've changed the design since my nephew had one. My nephew's Gio had the a recessed block that was part of the body, kind of like blocking the trem, but it was part of the body.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by Reincaster
Not right now it isn't. IIRC, the gio is unable to pull up. The block rests pretty flat against the body, unless they've changed the design since my nephew had one. My nephew's Gio had the a recessed block that was part of the body, kind of like blocking the trem, but it was part of the body.

but you could set it so that it was floating, you just have to mess with the tension springs
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
the M pieces your talking about are in the headstock ? if it's the case just put the strings underneath them and tune normally
put strings/saddles on

put a piece of wood in the cavity

tune to drop C.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Were exactly in the cavity do we put the piece of wood?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
do you see the cavity between the metal block attatched to the bridge and the guitar?

basically the opposite end of the springs. measure the cavity and cut a piece of wood accordingly.

wheres waldo?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Jan 8, 2012,