Key words highlighted in red because I know you don't care but I'm too lazy and sleepy to delete it all. Italicized, bolded, and underlined for MAJOR key words as well as lulz.

Derp, I went into a year long course in classical guitar and I haven't been playing a whole lot of metal in the past year or so and I can't pick because every technique I ever learned I can't remember because my brain is the size of a walnut.

I guess the best explanation is I have carpel tunnel and really shaky hands (something genetic I got from my great grandfather) and I'm talking I can't hold my hand out flat or turn it over without it shaking violently.

I did buy a couple of braces from target and I'll see how this helps but I need some advice on how to pick faster and just some general exercises on like sweep picking and alt picking.

Trying to start off easy as not to kill my hands. ALSO, what thickness pick would you recommend for .10-52s? I've been trying an .88 but it feels like I could go lighter.
I'm not sure that guitar's... your type of an instrument. There's not so many techniques to memorize, actually there are many, but if you know them, it's fairly easy to distinguish them from one another. For picking to be faster, it needs to effortless, theoretically, if your picking notion drains less stamina than you recover, or = it's effortless, you could pick with the speed of light. General exercise... well, just pick songs with sweeping and alt picking, they don't have to be easy, just pick a part from the overly hard song with the sweep and practice it. Thickness is personal preference, I use the lightest I can get my hands on, while a lot of people say you need think for fast picking and sweeping, but that's not true.
for thickness of picks. I really like .73 or dunop jazz III picks which are 1.18 i believe but they are small enough to be awesome for alt. picking.
Frogot to mention I may be a little drunk but I have no idea of telling, my wife is asleep.

Anyway, what I meant to say was more just sweep picking techniques, I don't know why I said alt picking.

I just need a nice easy riff to help me back into sweep picking, act like I'm someone trying to learn guitar who is jst getting into sweep pickimg.

Hope I'm making sense but probably not so I think I'll try to explain in the morning

Of course only if I'm not praying to the porcelain gods.
Last edited by Greatdude49 at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by Greatdude49
Frogot to mention I may be a little drunk but I have no idea of telling, my wife is asleep.

Anyway, what I meant to say was more just sweep picking techniques, I don't know why I said alt picking.

I just need a nice easy riff to help me back into sweep picking, act like I'm someone trying to learn guitar who is jst getting into sweep pickimg.

Hope I'm making sense but probably not so I think I'll try to explain in the morning

Of course only if I'm not praying to the porcelain gods.

...The sweep-picking in Beast and the Harlot by A7X?
First thing you should do is get that carpal tunnel fixed.
If you have some kind of genetic disease.. (couldnt really get it from your explanation) V-Picks makes some picks for those kind of problems.

Size of the brain doesnt matter for techniques, as long as you can remember up, down thats all you need. Techniques get ingrained in your brain through repetitive practice and are actually under the muscle memory area. Sit down, work on it for hours.. next day? again.. repeat for weeks or months or years untill you can do it effortlessly.. continue.

Any excercise will do, but if you really want to get the best of it you should develop/use the excercises that target the most underlying basics and allow you to practice all permutations on all strings etc..
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.
Last edited by Slashiepie at Jan 8, 2012,