Things you like about bands you dislike/Things you dislike about bands you like

Title pretty much explains it

Although I like Alesana, their vocals are awful, and oftentimes unintelligible. It's as if they don't try to pronounce their screams at all, especially in their early work.

Aerosmith's first four albums were really good in my eyes, but I don't like much else they put out. In fact, my favorite songs by them since those albums are their ballads (Don't Wanna Miss a Thing, Jaded, Crazy, Cryin', etc.)

I don't like Nickelback, but they occasionally can pump out a song I like (Never Again, Burn It to the Ground, Someday). Their drummer is pretty talented. I get the feeling Chad Kroeger (and the other members) are good at their instruments behind the scenes, and we might have different opinions if they played in other bands. Chad's voice could probably do well in another heavier rock band too. We'd probably hate them less if they didn't have such tools for fans either.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I wonder if Nickelback understands how much of a joke they are.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I hate RATM, but, they did beat the X factor.

I also hate Nirvana with a passion, but, Breed is a cool riff.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by bradulator
I wonder if Nickelback understands how much of a joke they are.

I like to joke about Nickelback (they are rock and roll's retarded grandchild, after all), and while I dislike them, I don't like to take my hate too far. They aren't any different than many other post-grunge bands, they just have the most success, which I think further fuels people dislike because they have it shoved in their face this band when they like other bands. I'm not going to bash them because of their fans.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I like bands like the Mars Volta, or Coheed and Cambria because the vocalists sound like hot chicks but don't like the fact that their actually guys.
I don't like that Thom Yorke is such a miserable little twat, even though I love his music.

I don't like that Joe Bonamassa is a whiny bitch, even though I want to play guitar like him.

I like Michael Buble's personality, he's a funny guy, but I don't like most of his music.

I find Frank Zappa to be incredibly fascinating as a person and a musician, but I don't like much of his work
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I don't like Nickelback, but they occasionally can pump out a song I like (Never Again, Burn It to the Ground, Someday). Their drummer is pretty talented. I get the feeling Chad Kroeger (and the other members) are good at their instruments behind the scenes, and we might have different opinions if they played in other bands. Chad's voice could probably do well in another heavier rock band too. We'd probably hate them less if they didn't have such tools for fans either.

It's safe to say the drummer is the most talented member of Nickelback. I saw him play in some crazy jazz-fusion kinda band called Martone opening for Joe Satriani. So yeah, I can confirm the guy is damn good.
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.
Oh, I don't like Thom Yorke's voice but I love Radiohead.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Any7423
I hate RATM, but, they did beat the X factor.

I also hate Nirvana with a passion, but, Breed is a cool riff.

Ratm isnt heavy enough. I like linkin park more

What about lithium? Cool riff too
Do nirvana anti fans like the acoustic concert? Thats what got me into nirvana
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I like to joke about Nickelback (they are rock and roll's retarded grandchild, after all), and while I dislike them, I don't like to take my hate too far. They aren't any different than many other post-grunge bands, they just have the most success, which I think further fuels people dislike because they have it shoved in their face this band when they like other bands. I'm not going to bash them because of their fans.

With all due respect, surely other post-grunge bands don't write lyrics as horrible as Nickelback? Or can I just dismiss the whole genre now?
Quote by triface
With all due respect, surely other post-grunge bands don't write lyrics as horrible as Nickelback? Or can I just dismiss the whole genre now?

No, Nickelback's are among the worst, if not the worst. I meant more sound-wise. Some of their lyrical themes, particularly in their older material, are shared with other bands too, songs like How You Remind Me.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing