since i couldnt afford to buy a bass i have an idea of customizing one

other question is that what kind of tuners should i choose,nuts, etc for the hardware

especially for the pick up i was thinking about and active pickup.

EMG?
im goin for a tone that runs Funk,Jazz,Blues

sorry for my noobness
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
why not just save for one? customizing can coast just as much or more..then buyin one up front..
You want to customize the bass you posted the picture of or you want to customize your bass to be like that or... what?
Your post was incredibly vague and unhelpful mate.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
You want to customize the bass you posted the picture of or you want to customize your bass to be like that or... what?
Your post was incredibly vague and unhelpful mate.

sorry bout that i want to make a bass that look like that but i need help with what hardware should i choose especially for the pickup.

i intend to do that because some says that the product above is not made with fine materials so why just make one with a help of my friend

sorry for the bad english
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
No worries if English isn't your first language. I noticed from your profile you're in the Philippines, one of my best friends is Filipino .
It's all down to how much you want to spend really, have you got any idea of what woods you want to use?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
No worries if English isn't your first language. I noticed from your profile you're in the Philippines, one of my best friends is Filipino .
It's all down to how much you want to spend really, have you got any idea of what woods you want to use?

i was thinkin basswood or ash but i have a feeling its gonna be hard to find one

thats good maybe we should be friends then? i dont really have many friends here though

spend me some tips okay? im not really good at bass but i want to start some things custom made
Guitar FX:
Zoom G1x
Last edited by moonrays00 at Jan 8, 2012,
Squier makes a bass similar to that Fender MP Tele Bass:

You may snag one fairly cheap on the used market... ~$200.

If you know what you're doing, you can route a bridge pickup.

But honestly, the MP Basses aren't THAT expensive, for Fender... if that's the bass you want, i think you'd be happier in the long run to save up and buy it.

I can almost guarantee that making one from scratch will cost more in the long run unless you already have everything you need on hand.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
It depends what you put in it really. If you use really basic, generic parts, I recently worked out that you can build an Ibanez JEM for around $400CA. Add in the right pickups, hardware etc. then it's more like the price of a used JEM. Not a bass, of course. But the same kind of thing.

My P-Bass has cost something like £110 so far. But I'm expecting to spend probably another £150 or so for new pickups, strings, a new bridge etc. And that's without refinishing anything. I could have bought a Squier, but I wanted to learn more about how they're put together so it'll be worth it for me. But if you just want a decent bass to play, you may well be better off just buying one.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Last edited by GAPendragon at Jan 10, 2012,