So I picked up a package from the post office today...

A wild headstock appears! It's an Ibanez!

It's an RG7421!

I actually didn't think I'd get this. I put the minimum bid on it and the auction ended at like 6 AM or something on a school night so I couldn't stay on to try and outbid. Surprisingly I checked it later in the day and I had won it!

This is my second 7421, if that tells you enough about how I like them. Unfortunately, this came from what I believe is a pawn shop selling through eBay, so it was virtually unplayable out of the box. I took the strings off, put lemon oil on the fretboard, restrung it, and adjusted the saddles (all but the high E were adjusted all the way down ). The D string was pretty much hugging the fretboard, and the low E, A, G, and B strings were pretty low as well. Collectively the strings pretty much made a radius that was reverse of the fretboard's...

It's playable now but the action is a bit too high on the higher frets and probably a bit too low on the lower frets. If anyone has suggestions I'd welcome them. I'll probably just have to tweak things a bit at a time until I get the desired action as I did with my other 7421.
Happy NGD! That low B is thick, what gague and what the hell is it tuned to?
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Good stuff man, congrats!
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by WarriorArtist94
Happy NGD! That low B is thick, what gague and what the hell is it tuned to?

I think it was just the light catching it and the camera accentuating it. The string it came with didn't feel as thick as the .60 I put on it. It's currently in B standard.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Happy NGD! I just got the Ibanez RG7321 on Friday, sweet guitars...looks like yours has a gloss neck though, mine's satin. Doesn't matter, I love these things...but I wish they weren't all mostly black.

I think it's satin but it's been played a good amount and is turning slightly glossy. The lighting really accentuated it, but it's a satin finish IIRC.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I think it's satin but it's been played a good amount and is turning slightly glossy. The lighting really accentuated it, but it's a satin finish IIRC.

Oh I see...that's interesting, I didn't know that about satin finishes.