Do you use a fender amp? What do you like about them?
What would you tell people who are looking for new amps and might want fender.

I have a 1971 Twin reverb silverface, probably one of the cleanest amps...ever. I wanted to do a major upgrade from my blues reissue, and I wanted a good amp for pedals, and could be pretty good for the jazz stuff that i do at school ( my other amp is a jc120 so it's nice to have options). I love the silverface amps, almost got a bassman 50 watt head but the money just wasn't gonna work out at the time. Next up i'm looking at the deluxe reverb, I don't mind the reissue but would love to get the silverface. Got to play through a 64 super reverb not too long ago, what an amazing amp.

So go ahead and nerd out about your fender amp, if you've been waiting for a chance to give an overview of your amp/tone, go for it! Can't wait to read about em.

E
I have a 5F1 Champ clone (that's a '58) I built and the amp I will start building next will be a 5E3 Deluxe ('55).
The 5F1 was my first cookie tin amp. Most of you have seen it:

If it aint Tweed or Blackface I'm not really interested. CBS can kiss my arse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

If it aint Tweed or Blackface I'm not really interested. CBS can kiss my arse.

Awe, come on Cathbard... don't hold back... Tell us how you really Feel...

I have a '74 Twin... It was passed down to me by my grandfather who played proffesionally... so yea, it's a "CBS" fender, but it's an heirloom, so I love it anyways...

I Love the sound that I get out of it. Talk about taking pedals great, you're putting the sound of the pedal directly into probably the cleanest sound out there. The sound you're getting is what's coming out of the pedal and not clouded by distortion, even slight, so your powers of tone are endless and dependant on how you set the pedals. The sound produced is so pure that you can truley hear the difference between pickups or different woods on your guitars. It's a Multi trick pony that will do it all with the best reverb tank on the market.

I put mine on top of a 2x12 cabinet and I'd put it agains any half stack out there for anything. I'm in a mostly cover band, so I have to sound like "AC/DC", "The Subdudes", "Stevie Ray Vaughan" and "Black Sabbath" all in one set. With pedals, or combinations of pedals, I can do that.
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
sweet post papabear, thats pretty much what i love about my twin. i bought a rat distortion pedal and i was able to make my strat and fender amp sound nothing like a strat and fender amp, they are great. and then when i don't need to fake anything anymore i can unplug all the effects and go straight into it and the gtr just sings, straight up.

ever played around with any other fender amps?
Quote by gerraguitar
ever played around with any other fender amps?

I had, I think it was a Princeton Chorus in the 80's.. the Chorus was built in and had 2 10" speakers anyway.. It was ok mic'd but you had to boost the mids on the PA to get the sound I wanted out of it... My Current Rhythm player uses a Frontman 2/12 (he admitted he wanted a twin, but couldn't afford one) It's a great amp for what it is, but it's no twin...

I knew a guy that gigged with a Fender Champ plugged into a 12" cab, and mic'd into the PA.. He got a great tone out of it for Blues, and didn't blow himself off the stage with it.. I really like Fenders..

I thought about retiring my Twin from gigging as she's pushin 40 and being tossed around my pickup isn't good for the old girl... I got a Peavey Windsor half stack really cheap.. I love the sound I get out of it.. It's, of course, like comparing Apples and battleships compared to the Twin... I'm actually considering running both of them now through an A/B switch... to combine the two... Best of both worlds, so to speak.

I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
probably the most common thing i hear when it comes to retiring twins, other than how painful it is, is that they get a deluxe reverb, just as powerful and doesn't weigh as much. i really wanted to get that 68 bassman head, but i would need to hunt for a cab and the money just isnt working right now. i saw a used princeton at a local shop not too long ago, they have a nice sound to it but i could see where mids would be lacking on a big rig.

cool stuff man, cool stuff
Really liked the Evil Twin they have at a shop around here.
Didn't have enough money to buy it though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Really liked the Evil Twin they have at a shop around here.
Didn't have enough money to buy it though.

is that the blonde twin?
Blackface deluxe reverb or gtfo. That and the tweed deluxe are the best amps fender has made.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Cathbard

Nah, more like this:

Quote by gerraguitar
guess not...haha. i don't think i've seen that one, how is it compared to the regular twin?

It has a really nice clean tone as you would expect from a Twin, but also 2 dirty channels. One is pretty low gain, about classic rock rythm style, the other goes to about hard rock on its own, with a boost it might even do some not too heavy metal, didn't have the chance to play it boosted though.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Normally when people say "Evil Twin" they are referring to the red knob jobbie. They were a two channel thing too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification