hi,after many many searches is my damn country finally my amp choices decreased to 2 ones:
marshall tsl 602 for 1850$
a marshall jvm 410 head for 2100$
i'm in iran and the prices are very high here,so i really don't know what to do?buy the marshall tsl combo or buy the jvm head for now and buy a cab later?
if i plan to buy a cab it will be a cheap one for sure and not the high end marshall or... cabs
i'm in a cover band but in future i'm planning to mic the amp and record my songs,so is the tsl combo capable of it?
(my favorite tones:petrucci tone+metalllica /exodos thrash tones )
thanks,you are greeeeaaaaat
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
You can't use the head without a cab, but the JVM has better tone. Consider buying the 410 combo or just save some more money for a cab if possible.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by WarriorArtist94
You can't use the head without a cab.

^ quite possibly the most important thing you need to know TS

if your case is head now cab later or combo now, go for the combo now.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
can i get a good tone with a cheap cab connected to the jvm head?i mean for the tone quality which is more important?the head ot the cab?

and another question:can i get a good record tone with micing the tsl combo?

the seller tells the tsl is made in 2011 so do you think it's overheat problem is gone?
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
well when it comes to heads and cabs its a double whammy, they both matter, but in the long run some nice speakers can go a long way, i would have to say you can get a good idea of what it will sound like with a cheap cab, but i don't recommend a cheap cab. combos are just so much easier, and the amp will sound the same recorded if you use good mics, but i have never recorded with a tsl so i guess i cannot say for sure, nor do i know anything about the overheat problem.
Do you plan on getting a better cab in the near future? If so the JVM would be a good choice.
What type of cheap cab are you looking at? It might be a good idea to just upgrade the speakers in it if the construction is diecent.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You need both the head and the cab to be good or the bad one will hold the good one back in terms of what it can accomplish. You'll get a good record tone with the TSL but I have no idea about the overheat problem.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
as i said i'm in iran,so if i buy an amp there won't be any chance of repairing or even retubing ... so i need a very good built amp that last for years,
i've read many many bad review about tsl series.now i wanna know that are the overheating /repairing problem still there on the new 2001 build models?specially on 122 and 602 combo
Gears:
Ibanez RG2550Z GK
Marshall TSL 122 Combo
Digitech GNX4
Boss DS2
Roland MicroCube
Quote by james.hetfield
as i said i'm in iran,so if i buy an amp there won't be any chance of repairing or even retubing ... so i need a very good built amp that last for years,
i've read many many bad review about tsl series.now i wanna know that are the overheating /repairing problem still there on the new 2001 build models?specially on 122 and 602 combo

Mate, you could re-tube it yourself, it's not actually that difficult, the tubes are widely available online.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Metallica, thrash and Petrucci?? forget Marshall just get a Mesa Mark V combo

/thread
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
What about the Blackstar Ht stage Ht100 100w head.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112