hey,

i wanted to play this song on acoustic guitar and amazingly it worked somehow. i'm quite satisfied with the results, altough i had to alter some parts and be, well, a bit creative, you know

- http://youtu.be/0YyQZe5p46Y

any thoughts welcome! enjoy!
C4C of course
Last edited by Czily at Jul 11, 2014,
Left a comment on the video. Keep it up!

Looks like it'd be hard to sing and play that at the same time. You did a fantastic job on it though.
Last edited by DynamiteRabbit at Jan 8, 2012,
hey thanks! yeah, took me a while to figure out how to sing over this riff .. but it probably looks harder than it is (:
I don't know the original track very well but it wasn't made to play this way then you've definatly taken a very original turn on it! I was surprised to hear vocals too, they definatly suit it.

It's hard to pick out bad points lol. I guess that could be a bad point? aha . I think the sound clips around 1:53 so it might be worth turning the mic down and doing some mastering on the track to get it upto a decent volume. But thats all I could pick out aha, good job (y).
thanks for the positive feedback!

@Afroboy267 - well spotted. it was even worse and i had to put some denoiser over that section. i only recorded this with my webcam mic and it's already turned down as much as possible.

@ricardo_sousa11 - woah, schism would be awesome but very hard to do on one instrument only, no matter whether i chose to play it on bass or guitar. hm, guess i have to give it a try though.
incredible cover, guitar sound is perfect.

I've tried to do tool covers while singing in the past but could never to do it good enough to record, very complex timing that soon as I start singing I screw the guitar part up lol.

link to my covers in my sig if you wanna have a poke around.
I remember playing this song in guitar hero and being painfully bored while playing it, which ultimately led me away from this band. But watching your vid was awesome, it was very entertaining and had quite the energy. I felt you did a swell job on vocals. Keep up the good work
Quote by b.vicious
I remember playing this song in guitar hero and being painfully bored while playing it, which ultimately led me away from this band. But watching your vid was awesome, it was very entertaining and had quite the energy. I felt you did a swell job on vocals. Keep up the good work

A bit off topic, but you should play the drums on the Tool songs. You won't be bored then. Haha
Excellent cover! You mentioned in your youtube comments that you used your Toneport and Gearbox to process your acoustic. Would you be able to send me the patch that you used? I really liked the sound of it.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
@b.vicious: thx, man. i never played guitar hero but i always imagined it to be quite boring as a real guitarist?

@KillRoy Ver 3.0: sure. it's only a tweaked version of the preset "like heaven" (in "clean guitars") but i can put it online and send you a pm.

someone on youtube asked me for tabs, so i'll post them here too:
https://rapidshare.com/files/3145194687/parabola.txt
Last edited by Czily at Jan 20, 2012,
Seriously awesome man! Great choice for the song, and I was impressed by the creative guitar work and vocals. Keep doing these!
Excellent cover man, I certainly will never be able to play guitar and sing at the same time. Solid performance and that acoustic sounded brutally awesome...