Ok I can get a used Dimarzio x2n bridge pup for $45, or an used Ibanez tubescreamer ts9 for $75 or less(local clasifieds). Which one is a better investment tone wise? I want to thicken my tone something like STP core or plush tone. Here's what I got:

Black Heart Little giant mini stack.
Ibanez RG120 (agathis body, stock pickups INF)
Metal Muff
Big Muff (usa reissue)
ds-1

budget: $45-$75

Genres: STP, AIC, Foo Fighters. I can use the neck pickup for cleans if I get the X2n.

Home use only : the main grief with the Little giant is that I can't get it to break up without cranking the volume way past 1/2 mark which is too loud for my neigborhood.

City: San Juan PR.

Should I buy the X2N for 45, or the ts9 for 75, or should I pass on both offers unless the sellers lowers their prices?
Thanks,
Eddie
Last edited by Eddie Ibanez at Jan 8, 2012,
+1

though if you're really on a budget there are loads of ts clones for a lot less than a tubescreamer. e.g. joyo or tonerider.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't think either is very good for what I think you want, but out of the two, the TS9 would definitely be more useful than an X2N.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I don't think either is very good for what I think you want, but out of the two, the TS9 would definitely be more useful than an X2N.

Seconded
Would you guys say that the ts9 is way better than the big muff or the metal muff for that tone purpose?
I use the metal muff for 95% of my playing, what i dont like about it is all the noise it brings to the sound.
The big muff is nice and all but its so noisy it muds out the tone quickly.
Last edited by Eddie Ibanez at Jan 8, 2012,
depends

you could possibly use the ts9 in combination with, say, your ds1. that might sound ok.

but on its own, especially with a low gain non-master amp, a ts isn't going to get all that heavy.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I got the TS9, it sounds pretty awesome, clear with a nice break up. The ds1 with ts9 stacked sounds pretty good too. I'll try tomorrow with muffs to see what happens. Thanks for the input guys.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?