That also has really good distortion, i played a Line 6 HD500 before, the mods and effects were amazing but i didn't like the distortion at all
As far as amp modelling goes for modellers in that price range, you won't get much better than a HD500 tbh.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Maybe you weren't doing it right. The Tube Driver stomp is really good on the HD. With amp models you need to focus on the cabinet selection or it may sound bad. What you play it through makes a big difference. And it also affects the cabinet selection.

Check out... RP1000/500 and Zoom G3
HD500 is prolly the bst overall.

If thats out of your range, RP1000.

@Fly: With a 400 pound budget, he really shouldnt looking at a relatively low end unit like a G3. Not that its bad, its pretty nice, but why spend less when you get more by properly using your budget?
If your looking for FX only and no amp sims, the Line 6 M9/M13 are about the best in there price range.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you want really good distortion, you could be better off buying a pedal specifically for that - multi-fx pedals are good, but as a rule (I'm not saying there aren't exceptions) single purpose pedals are better.

With a £400 budget, that should be enough to get a really good distortion pedal as well as a multi-fx pedal for everything else you want. For the multi-fx unit I always recommend Boss - I have the ME-50 and it does everything I need it to.

I don't use the distortions in it though, all my distortion is created by my amp so I don't have any recommendations for that part of your purchase.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GS LEAD 5
@Fly: With a 400 pound budget, he really shouldnt looking at a relatively low end unit like a G3. Not that its bad, its pretty nice, but why spend less when you get more by properly using your budget?
Because the only thing low end about it is it's price. The distortion and amp models are on par with either the RP or the HD, and many would say better. The FX are IMO better than the RP1000. The feature list is obviously different, but the OP can figure out how that relates to his needs.
Quote by fly135
Because the only thing low end about it is it's price. The distortion and amp models are on par with either the RP or the HD, and many would say better. The FX are IMO better than the RP1000. The feature list is obviously different, but the OP can figure out how that relates to his needs.

I wasnt referring to the amp modelling or the effects quality as low end. I was referring to the feature set. The RP has dual FX loops, and allows far more effects than the G3. The HD has much more effects routability, not to mention bi amping and bi cabing which can really allow you to create your own signature tone. And both allow simultaneous stomp and bank operation which the G3 doesnt have. Also, the G3's lack of patch change switches may be a problem live, unless youre the type you sticks to one or two core tones.

At 200 pounds, HD300 vs G3 would be a good match- both are evenly specced out. But HD500 vs G3 is a win for the HD IMO.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the G3 would have been a match for the HD tone wise till the new variable impedance firmware update. I recently got to try an HD500 with the new firmware, and it makes a pretty big difference to low-mid gain tones responsiveness wise (though high gain pretty much sounded the same). The HD400 with the older firmware which I compared to my RP a few months ago wasnt quite as responsive.
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Jan 9, 2012,
TC Gmaj in the loop, and a dirt pedal out front? only bad thing is that you would need the midi controller for the TC. this depends on the price of everything else. just a thought. it has impressed me more than the other units i have tried, however, i haven't played an HD500 yet.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/