I was considering getting a boss gt-10 to go in front of my mini rectifier, i wanted the most versatile/best sound quality. Its all running through a horizontal 2x12 rec cab. What do you guys think about the gt-10 or possibly an alternative?
What are you hoping to get out of the multi effects? Just looking to run things like chorus, flanger, wah, etc? I think the GT10 effects sound great and iirc it supports the 4cm so you can run certain effects in your loop and others in front of the amp which would be better than all of it up front. You could also get decent tones out of it for direct recording or "jamming" through headphones but your mini recto can get pretty quiet too..
The GT-10 is pretty great, but what exactly are you planning on using the Multi Effects for?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
TC Nova system
Line 6 M13
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by surjer
What are you hoping to get out of the multi effects? Just looking to run things like chorus, flanger, wah, etc? I think the GT10 effects sound great and iirc it supports the 4cm so you can run certain effects in your loop and others in front of the amp which would be better than all of it up front. You could also get decent tones out of it for direct recording or "jamming" through headphones but your mini recto can get pretty quiet too..

Well just for home playing, metal 99%. actually since i live in a apt i cant get it loud at all, this thing is loud and needs to be turned up atleast a little to sound good