I have a guitar I built, and I have a one major intonation problem. It turns out that my post holes for my trem could have been just a bit closer to my neck. Meaning, my 3rd string saddle is completely forward and my fretted note is still 10 cents flat.The thing is that the string I am using is a .018 wound string.

So what I am wondering about is the general rules as to string gauge and type (wound unwound) and where the saddle must be for proper intonations. Because I really need to find a string that will move my saddle backward.
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
if the saddle could go forward anymore, would it fall of the bridge? If not, what about a longer screw?
What type of bridge? because if its a wraparound or a TOM, you could easily plug the holes and replace your bridge. same thing for a hardtail string-trhu, but if its trem, you really screw up. :/
its a Wilkinson trem... Forgot to mention that. Its not off by much probably just a 32nd. so I am sure a string change will get them there, I just need if i need to go bigger or smaller
Want Sub-Forums For GB&C, CLICK and Comment to Help the Right People Notice.
Wound G with a trem? That's odd. Anways, try a plain G, you can probably pick singles up at your local guitar store for like $1-$2.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)