I was playing superstitious (Europe) solo by ear, but this song have a fast run... So I slowed down the song like 75% (with transcribe) and it was "fast".
Now I'm taking 30 min break and then I will continue transcribing that solo, but how the hell can I play that? Legato? Picking every note?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLlo_gw9nso

There is a cover
Picking! It wouldn't sound right if you weren't playing it with alternate picking. Just keep at it, man.
I'll give you a hint... It starts with a P, and ends with ractice!
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Slow it down until you can play it, get it absoluetly right and then speed it up slowly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Practice it slowly, so you can play it perfectly and repeat it hundreds of times! There's no magic to it at all! And don't speed up until you can play it perfectly with the smallest most efficient movements
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Practice it slowly, so you can play it perfectly and repeat it hundreds of times! There's no magic to it at all! And don't speed up until you can play it perfectly with the smallest most efficient movements

This + metronome.
Metronome is your friend.
Don't practice until you get it perfect. Practice until you can't get it wrong.

I find this impossible, but I'm gonna try lol.
I don't even can figure it by ear
Patience is essential, my friend. *insert guitarist name here* didn't just pick up a guitar one day and start wailing. They put in hours and hours of practice. Just like anything, dude. Nothing good comes easy.

EDIT: And if you ever find yourself getting frustrated, flip your guitar upside down and try to play it opposite handed. Remember, this is where you started from.

Last edited by Zeppelin Addict at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Patience is essential, my friend. *insert guitarist name here* didn't just pick up a guitar one day and start wailing. They put in hours and hours of practice. Just like anything, dude. Nothing good comes easy.

EDIT: And if you ever find yourself getting frustrated, flip your guitar upside down and try to play it opposite handed. Remember, this is where you started from.

Wow...
I never thought about that, you're a wise man =) thanks
Zeppelin Addict is right.

To understand better the proccess of learning read the first 2 chapters in my FREE ebook:

http://www.guitarlearningtips.org/the-guitar-blueprint-to-success/

I talk there about the process of mental and muscular matery and how to do it properly.

As for your Europe songs, i have been trying different approachs related to speed building and the conclusion is:

- the slower you can play it, the faster you play it. Seems counter intuitive, but related to muscle memory (see chapter 2 in my ebook) at slow tempos you get you fingers used to a corect and repetitive motion. Speed is just repeating the same patterns at different speeds.

You can try doing the whole solo at 70 or 80 bpm for 15 minutes, and then try doing the song again at 140 or 150 bpm.

The ideea is to start slow and then try a bigger speed.

And the most important thing : when playing both slow and fast do concentrate on playing all the notes perfectly.

Don't be kind with yourself when it comes to ho you play things. Th better you conentrate everything the better "Flawless playing" will become second nature to you.

Every experienced guitr player can tell you that.

Again here is the table of contents for the book:

http://www.guitarlearningtips.org/the-guitar-blueprint-to-success/

Enjoy,

Paul