hey i have a peavey classic 60/60 rack amp and i wanted to know if i can use both channels at the same time and if so how. thx.
Both channels at the same time? I'm pretty sure that doesn't work if you are using a single amplifier...
The Classic 60/60 is a power amp....

Do you have a preamp?

The reason why it has 2 "channels" is so you don't have to buy another power amp if you get another preamp.

I don't think there's any tonal difference between the two channels.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
The Classic 60/60 is a power amp....

Do you have a preamp?

The reason why it has 2 "channels" is so you don't have to buy another power amp if you get another preamp.

I don't think there's any tonal difference between the two channels.

Oh...I didn't know that...I assumed it was a rack version of the Classic 30 or 50....which thinking about it now, doesn't make sense for such a cheap amp.
Quote by ethan_hanus
You need the footswitch that goes with the amp...I think the Valveking foot switch will work with it, and you will need a Stereo cable to connect it with.
This is wrong..

Here is a Peavey Classic 60/60

It's a rack mount tube stereo power amp. It is intended to be used with a rack mount stereo pre-amp and maybe a rack mount effects unit. A pre amp isn't powerful enough to drive speakers so you send the signal from your ADA-MP1 or your AXE-FX or maybe even your Line6 HD500 thru this and it amplifies it to show volume. You must also use either two mono cabinets or a cabinet wired for stereo. Both channels are exactly the same.

Quote by dlock12
why does it have 2 channels?
Because more is better.. You can run one mono pre-amp on one channel and a different mono pre-amp on the other for two different sounds. Effects sound great in stereo. While the channels are the same no two amps react the same so you get a slightly different version of the same amp in stereo for a big rich sound.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jan 9, 2012,