Anyone use those guitar Tab Pro things that this site offers ... ya know the thing that plays all notes one by one for you and all that .... i really never quit playing guitar over the years ...but i did kinda brick wall on learning anything more complicated ... what do you guys think of it....
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Can someone explain this Tab Pro thing?

I use guitar pro but it's costly...

Unless you download it for free.

Which is illegal, so don't do that.
Check out my fitness blog here
^ Tuxguitar (see link above) can play powertab and guitarpro files for free.
Steam /PSN/Most Accounts - rjdusa
SCII: rjdusa :351
Paid for gp6 - need it for composition and it was a million times cheaper than Sibelius.

For learning songs on guitar, that tab pro thing looks shit.
Guitar pro is all kinds of awesome, the ability to slow it down to 50% or 75% speed is great for fast passages
NOPE
just curious .... where would i get he files ... i feel like UG might not like this thread now
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
Tab Pro? Basically, what they do is take all of the guitar pro files that users have contributed for free and sell them back to you because they're utter twats.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Tab Pro? Basically, what they do is take all of the guitar pro files that users have contributed for free and sell them back to you because they're utter twats.

Sounds a bit sneaky
Check out my fitness blog here
Quote by maiden_man_666
Sounds a bit sneaky

Seriously, all the tab pros are just the guitar pro files that users have submitted.
Bit shitty but oh well.

Quote by Trowzaa

Don't forget that the users who submitted them don't even get credited, let alone receive any of the money
Yeah, I have guitarpro5 and I like it just fine. I've never really seen what makes tab pro all too special or worth paying for.

Anybody who has version 6 of guitarpro, is it any better/different than five enough to warrant an upgrade?
Honey mustard is best mustard.
Quote by rjdusa
^ Tuxguitar (see link above) can play powertab and guitarpro files for free.

Yeah, but it sucks.

You're better off pirating Guitar Pro.

Which is illegal, so don't do it.
I use gp6.

Tab Pro just took all the GP files on the site and copied them without giving credit to the owner of the GP tab. It's bullshit, they're using our contributions to make themselves money. Guitar Pro isn't that expensive and it's a one time cost, and you'll get all the same tabs.

Also inb4 I'm banned for badmouthing a site feature.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Td_Nights
I use gp6.

Tab Pro just took all the GP files on the site and copied them without giving credit to the owner of the GP tab. It's bullshit, they're using our contributions to make themselves money. Guitar Pro isn't that expensive and it's a one time cost, and you'll get all the same tabs.

I think most of the pit mods agree with you anyway

Quote by Trowzaa

or you know, they charge you for the service. Same as the company behind guitar pro do. Same as countless other things.

The only difference is that after you buy the guitar pro license and you've installed the program, your relationship end.

As the software's stored and run on UG's servers the relationship continues hence the subscription.

I do think the tabbers should be given credit though.

Quote by Td_Nights
I use gp6.

what did you think UG was doing before tab pro?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

what did you think UG was doing before tab pro?

Not charging for a useless service because there's already something in place to get the exact same tabs?
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by Butt Rayge
Yeah, but it sucks.

You're better off pirating Guitar Pro.

Which is illegal, so don't do it.

I have both Guitar Pro and Tuxguitar and I prefer Tuxguitar.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Td_Nights
Not charging for a useless service because there's already something in place to get the exact same tabs?

So there should be no portable computer manufacturers other than IBM, right?

Tab Pro doesn't need to be installed (so you don't have to have admin rights) and is accessible from pretty much any PC.

don't want the service? that's fine, you carry on with your life and nothing has changed. You still get free access to tabs, you still get free access to the site and the lessons etc. This was an extra service for those who wanted it or who needed a portable way to learn new songs without needing admin permissions or for those who are at different computers often and don't want to have to go through the process of installing.

The only problem with this service is that it doesn't give appropriate credit to the authors. Other than that I can't see any valid criticism other than "it doesn't fulfill my needs".
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
So there should be no portable computer manufacturers other than IBM, right?

Tab Pro doesn't need to be installed (so you don't have to have admin rights) and is accessible from pretty much any PC.

don't want the service? that's fine, you carry on with your life and nothing has changed. You still get free access to tabs, you still get free access to the site and the lessons etc. This was an extra service for those who wanted it or who needed a portable way to learn new songs without needing admin permissions or for those who are at different computers often and don't want to have to go through the process of installing.

The only problem with this service is that it doesn't give appropriate credit to the authors. Other than that I can't see any valid criticism other than "it doesn't fulfill my needs".

Exactly this.
Plus people don't seem to realise how much it costs for UG to provide all the tabs it does.
RIP Gooze

cats