I resently purchased a Squier Classic Vibe Precision Bass® '60s. I could of bought something more expensive, but I fell in love with the guitar. If you'd see the color you'd know what I'm talking about.

I've been playing it for a couple of weeks now and find that it sounds great, but it isn't very loud.

What pickup should I get to get the max sound out of this puppy? I'm thinking of getting an original Fender P-bass pickup... What does everyone think??

thanks
before you go spending 'alot' of money on pickups and the like, make sure it isn't a jack or amp. it could be the wiring inside the bass even. is it an active or passive bass?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
What amp have you got - that will mainly determine loudness!
Pickups really make a very small difference (<5%) to the overall sound - if you want a different sound, switch amp. This is even more true for bass than guitar!
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
try it out with a different amp at a store if you can. chances are you just have small amp that doesn't project far.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
They are passive.

Also, look at the EQ. We perceive different frequencies more than others. A P bass is very mid and low-mid voiced. If your mids are cut, your ears will start to perceive less volume. So, try boosting up your mids and you should hear things better, thus making it 'louder'.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."