My amp started buzzing I was think it was a bad grounding in the guitar (it still could be) But the amp buzzes even without the guitar plugged in but if I remove the cord it stops buzzing?

EDIT: also if I put my hand on the strings it doesnt buzz but it only buzzes really on the distorted channels. (yes humbucker pickup also)
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 8, 2012,
This is fairly normal. When your guitar isn't plugged in the patch isn't grounded to anything. Distorted channels have more gain and pickup up more basically so that's why it appears to be 'worse'. Putting your hand on the strings makes you the ground, which is why you don't hear anything when you do that.
There isn't anything wrong with your amp.

EDIT: If you invest in a noise suppressor you won't hear it as loud/at all.

Last edited by Zeppelin Addict at Jan 8, 2012,
Ok I think it is a bad ground since it is happening in my vst amps aswell ty guys for all your help
It's a bad ground in your guitar. The bridge should be grounded. If it isn't then you'll get hum that stops when you touch the strings. It normal for hum when only a cable is plugged into the amp.
Wait, so you have the guitar plugged in and it's buzzing. Then you pull the cable out of the guitar and the buzzing doesn't change at all? or is it a totally different buzz? If you turn the volume knob on your guitar down does it go away?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Ericthegreat
Yes it goes away when I turn down the volume nob....

Yeah, then it's probably just feedback. It's totally natural. It's just the sound from the amp getting picked up the pickups causing a loop. If you stand further away and don't face the amp it should make it a bit better. That and a noise gate.

Or you can be totally awesome and crank the gain, go right up to the speaker and wail on the whammy bar.
Lol you guys it was'nt doing this before it just started its quite an annoying buzzing.... I am pretty sure it is a bad solder point....
Quote by Ericthegreat
Lol you guys it was'nt doing this before it just started its quite an annoying buzzing.... I am pretty sure it is a bad solder point....

mmkay, yeah, it's probably the cable.