Just got done building myself a pedal board. Just bought the shtuff at Lowes and put me together a board with 2 levels. The only this is, I had problems nailing together some things and was wondering what carpenters or the smart person would use to help make nailing down on a thin board easier. I had the large base, in which I connected the second level to by nailing it on from the back on the base. I had trouble keeping everything steady and it was a hard job to do by myself. Was wondering what someone would use to make this easier, when you have to nail something smallish onto something large from the back.

The pedal board looks alright, but I'm looking to make a few more because I found it fun. Just trying to figure out the answer to my question.
-Godin Freeway SA
-Vox Night Train NT50H
-Boss Volume Pedal
-Ibanez Sweeping Demon
-Hardwire Tube Overdrive
-Hardwire Valve Distortion
Why are you using nails? If you got a drill, predrill your holes, and use screws, it'll last longer and be stronger.

I built a head for my Valveking out of white pine, a soft wood, and I DIDN'T use dove tail joints to join it, it's just flat edge on flat edge. What makes it strong? Wood glue and 4, 1 1/2 inch deck screws on each side.
Don't use nails... Use Screws...

Pre drill your holes, and then when you put it together you simply line up the holes and put in the screws..
besides.. Nails back themselves out.. Screws last longer...
I built this one a year or so ago.. Still holding together..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Jan 8, 2012,
I actually meant screws. I didn't use nails. This kinda touches my question but doesn't really answer it. I think I may just use liquid nails next time because drilling the screws in was really difficult when you have hold the piece your try to connect, against the base you are drilling into.
-Godin Freeway SA
-Vox Night Train NT50H
-Boss Volume Pedal
-Ibanez Sweeping Demon
-Hardwire Tube Overdrive
No I haven't, but that sure sounds like a plan.
-Godin Freeway SA
-Vox Night Train NT50H
-Boss Volume Pedal
-Ibanez Sweeping Demon
-Hardwire Tube Overdrive
if you glue it once, and THEN screw it, it's much easier.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ethan_hanus
Why are you using nails? If you got a drill, predrill your holes, and use screws, it'll last longer and be stronger.

I built a head for my Valveking out of white pine, a soft wood, and I DIDN'T use dove tail joints to join it, it's just flat edge on flat edge. What makes it strong? Wood glue and 4, 1 1/2 inch deck screws on each side.

I saw that when I stumbled upon your youtube channel. Idk why in the fuck you'd do that to a Valve King though
Quote by FearMyLightning
I saw that when I stumbled upon your youtube channel. Idk why in the fuck you'd do that to a Valve King though

Because, it's friken awesome dude, get with the program, stained wood is where it's at.

I did it mainly because the handle in the combo stripped out cause the thing was so friken heavy, plus, it's alot easier to transport and carry two 30 pound items instead of one big 60 pound item.