Hey pit I'm in somewhat of a pickle. I want a new rig and Im selling one to finace this new rig. I have an Orange th30 with new JJ tubes all around, footswitch and an Avatar 2x12 with one hellatone30 and one hellatone60. Id like to ask 1500 plus 150 for shipping. The rig is in mint condition, yall think thats a good deal?
800 is hwy robbery. Someone who doesnt know why i use those two speakers would ask for a price that low.
Quote by AlanD
800 is hwy robbery. Someone who doesnt know why i use those two speakers would ask for a price that low.

Shit just got real.

P.S. He was giving you an opinion you asked for in the OP, maybe don't be so pissy with people trying to help you.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Last edited by Dwight.Schrute at Jan 8, 2012,
Not really, it's used, and once it's used, the price drops drastically. The amp is like $1200 brand new, and nobody is going to pay $1000 for it used, assuming you actually want to sell it any time soon. The cab is also not worth alot, you may of paid alot for it, but the resale is not gonna be the same.

Peavey 6505's go for $1200, but you find them used in mint condition for $600-$700 all the time now.

And no, I don't understand why you put a 30 watt speaker next to a 60 watt speaker, one being a replica of a G12H30 and one a replica of a V-30. You can only run the cab 30 watts that way. I can understand putting the G12 next to the V-30, but not a 30 watt next to a 60 watt.
Quote by ethan_hanus

And no, I don't understand why you put a 30 watt speaker next to a 60 watt speaker, one being a replica of a G12H30 and one a replica of a V-30. You can only run the cab 30 watts that way. I can understand putting the G12 next to the V-30, but not a 30 watt next to a 60 watt.

Because it's more about how the speakers sound together than what the wattages are. the 30 watt will break up earlier than the 60 watt, giving a different sound than having both or neither break up.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
Because it's more about how the speakers sound together than what the wattages are. the 30 watt will break up earlier than the 60 watt, giving a different sound than having both or neither break up.

Yeah, but push that 30 watt too far and it blows up. I seen people blow out 60 watt speakers in 60 watt amps by pushing them too hard. It's fairly easy to do. The speaker starts to break up long before it reaches it's max output wattage.
Pickles are good for eating, but I guess that's up to preference.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by AlanD
Orange th30

The amp is only 30 watts, so I rest my case... and it will work with amps up to 60 watts, and not 30(Assuming if it goes to 31, it will "blow up").

Last edited by pokeatthedevil at Jan 8, 2012,
Quote by AlanD
Hey pit I'm in somewhat of a pickle. I want a new rig and Im selling one to finace this new rig. I have an Orange th30 with new JJ tubes all around, footswitch and an Avatar 2x12 with one hellatone30 and one hellatone60. Id like to ask 1500 plus 150 for shipping. The rig is in mint condition, yall think thats a good deal?

No.

That's YOUR rig. I'd maybe pay for an individual piece, but I don't want your sound.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by pokeatthedevil
The amp is only 30 watts, so I rest my case... and it will work with amps up to 60 watts, and not 30(Assuming if it goes to 31, it will "blow up").

Doesn't work like that. Tube amps will push more wattage than what they say they will. Say a 30 watt tube amp pushed to 10 will push more around 35 watts, same goes with SS amps. Just cause they say 30 watts, doesn't mean it's going to push EXACTLY 30 watts at full volume.

This is why you generally leave 10 watts headroom on your speakers, to prevent that problem.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Doesn't work like that. Tube amps will push more wattage than what they say they will. Say a 30 watt tube amp pushed to 10 will push more around 35 watts, same goes with SS amps. Just cause they say 30 watts, doesn't mean it's going to push EXACTLY 30 watts at full volume.

This is why you generally leave 10 watts headroom on your speakers, to prevent that problem.

The cab still handles 60 watts. The 30 watt speaker only handles half the power output from the 30 watt amp.

Quote by pokeatthedevil
The cab still handles 60 watts. The 30 watt speaker only handles half the power output from the 30 watt amp.

No, that generally applies to ohms. The speaker is getting the full wattage of the amp, but depending on how you wire it, will change the resistance of the entire cab. If you had more than 2 speakers like in a 4x12, you could change the wattage, but in a 2x12 you only have series, and parallel. If it's series, you are limited by the weakest speaker, same with parallel, the weaker speaker is your max limit, but it forces the other speaker to work at the wattage of the weaker speaker.

Now, if they are in series, with the weaker speaker coming first in the chain, then it will blow first, if it's the second in the chain, it will have a much less chance of blowing, but still has a chance.

I'm pretty sure that's right....regardless if I'm right or wrong, if I pump a 60 watt amp though that cab at full volume, I'm positive the 30 watt speaker will blow out very quickly, that I do know.
Quote by alexhead99
*advert*

Well, if you're going to photoshop a still picture onto something, you could at least give us the courtesy of lining up the picture with where the screen would be on the phone, and making it look like a screen and not simply a still image with no reflections at all.
Quote by ethan_hanus
No, that generally applies to ohms. The speaker is getting the full wattage of the amp, but depending on how you wire it, will change the resistance of the entire cab. If you had more than 2 speakers like in a 4x12, you could change the wattage, but in a 2x12 you only have series, and parallel. If it's series, you are limited by the weakest speaker, same with parallel, the weaker speaker is your max limit, but it forces the other speaker to work at the wattage of the weaker speaker.

Now, if they are in series, with the weaker speaker coming first in the chain, then it will blow first, if it's the second in the chain, it will have a much less chance of blowing, but still has a chance.

I'm pretty sure that's right....regardless if I'm right or wrong, if I pump a 60 watt amp though that cab at full volume, I'm positive the 30 watt speaker will blow out very quickly, that I do know.

There are many threads out there that can solve this. But, for now I am talking about putting his 30 watt head into this cab. If that's all TS uses it for, what else matters? All I was trying to say is that TS has it set up that way because it works and that's what sounds the best to him.

Quote by L2112Lif
Well, if you're going to photoshop a still picture onto something, you could at least give us the courtesy of lining up the picture with where the screen would be on the phone, and making it look like a screen and not simply a still image with no reflections at all.

Also get the perspectives right, I feel soiled looking at that poorly-aligned image.
🙈 🙉 🙊