okay i want to get a les paul because this white one is just hands down gorgous. here it is http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-custom-electric-guitar its a les paul custom...and i want to know one thing from people that know something. if i remove the pick guard will there be any screw marks in it or any trace where it was there before? cause i dont like the pick guard
Yes the screw hole on the side of the guitar will still be there as well as the one on top. The only thing you can do is just put the screws back in.
Quote by metalfanforlife
is it taht noticeable? i mean i want a white les paul but i dont want it to have holes in it

It's not like they are huge screws, but it's not like they are invisible. I have an Ibby LP copy and I just removed the pickguard and left the holes there. On a white one, it should be less noticeable. Again my recommendation is to put the screws back after removing the pickguard. How much time do you spend looking at your guitar? It's only an Epiphone, silly.
It's only super noticeable if you're standing an inch away from the guitar.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
yeah not too bad. if ya super worried once you take the pickguard off just put a little bit of white paint/ nail polish over the holes.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Just put the screws back in.

I left the pg on my Historic because bursts look ****ed up without one.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Sputnik1
It's not like they are huge screws, but it's not like they are invisible. I have an Ibby LP copy and I just removed the pickguard and left the holes there. On a white one, it should be less noticeable. Again my recommendation is to put the screws back after removing the pickguard. How much time do you spend looking at your guitar? It's only an Epiphone, silly.

i know...lol...i was actually looking into a ibanez arz400 cause i love the neck and everything but how are the pickups? i heard they are cheap....and i will probably do that or just leave it on because this guitar is beautiful. does anyone know if the pickups compare any to the real pickups that come in gibsons?
i hate to be the guy who says this, but if your profile is accurate i would get an amp. if it is not accurate, what amp are you playing?

i have removed the pick guard on one of my LP's. it was black, so just hitting it with a sharpie in the exposed area and you can't really tell that much unless you are looking for them. nail polish would be fine too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
white nail polish.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Make a white pick guard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by metalfanforlife
i know...lol...i was actually looking into a ibanez arz400 cause i love the neck and everything but how are the pickups? i heard they are cheap....and i will probably do that or just leave it on because this guitar is beautiful. does anyone know if the pickups compare any to the real pickups that come in gibsons?

My LP is a copy from the 70s.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i hate to be the guy who says this, but if your profile is accurate i would get an amp. if it is not accurate, what amp are you playing?

i have removed the pick guard on one of my LP's. it was black, so just hitting it with a sharpie in the exposed area and you can't really tell that much unless you are looking for them. nail polish would be fine too.

its accurate but i really love my amp its a spider iv 120 watt and i really like it so no bagging im here about a lp not an amp
Quote by Cathbard
Make a white pick guard.

i dont like pg's at all just the feel and everything i just think ill take it off and put the screws back in because i would never draw on my guitar
Quote by Sputnik1
My LP is a copy from the 70s.

oh okay well than they are all gone..lol...lawsuit right?
Quote by metalfanforlife
its accurate but i really love my amp its a spider iv 120 watt and i really like it so no bagging im here about a lp not an amp

as long as you like it, thats fine. i respect that. and am glad you are content, but i am telling you that there will be a point in time when you will plug into a 6505, Dual Rec, or a Rockaverb, and go home and play the line 6 and be like. damn i really like that amp i tried and come to the conclusion that its time to get one.

its just developing your ear. everybody does it to a certain extent.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by Sputnik1
It's only an Epiphone, silly.
It being 'just an Epiphone' doesn't make it not worthwhile to want it to look nice. My Gibson LP is beat up, and actually looks rather disgusting. And I'm ok with that. My Schecter I keep in as pristine condition as possible. I may not like Schecter's most of the time, and I may not like EMG's most of the time, but this guitar suited my needs and was bought using a posthumous money gift from my grandmother. So although it may not have cost as much money, or even be as good of a guitar as my Les Paul, it means something to me, so I keep it looking nice.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
it will sound better without the pickguard.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i took the pick guard off my lp and i cant even tell there was one there.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Quote by kumamilesbear
It being 'just an Epiphone' doesn't make it not worthwhile to want it to look nice. My Gibson LP is beat up, and actually looks rather disgusting. And I'm ok with that. My Schecter I keep in as pristine condition as possible. I may not like Schecter's most of the time, and I may not like EMG's most of the time, but this guitar suited my needs and was bought using a posthumous money gift from my grandmother. So although it may not have cost as much money, or even be as good of a guitar as my Les Paul, it means something to me, so I keep it looking nice.

my main guitar has been my LP for the last few years. its been beat to death. however i love it. its my favorite guitar actually. i have this old guitar probably 70's or so that my grandfather gave me he is alive and in very good shape and health which i am very thankful for. that guitar will never go anywhere. same deal.

i only have one guitar that never goes out. its one of those short run gibsons. not going anywhere. i play it in my studio here and then.

you don't need a Gibson to enjoy a les paul. however, you could pick up a faded gibson for less money than the Epi custom, and the Gibson is a better guitar, but you may not like the aesthetics. CL has them all the time. i got my Faded Gibson SG for $300. les pauls usually $400-$450, some coming with a case even. saves you $100 right there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
as long as you like it, thats fine. i respect that. and am glad you are content, but i am telling you that there will be a point in time when you will plug into a 6505, Dual Rec, or a Rockaverb, and go home and play the line 6 and be like. damn i really like that amp i tried and come to the conclusion that its time to get one.

its just developing your ear. everybody does it to a certain extent.

well thanks anyway man...i mean i have plugged into the 6505 combo and i was going to get it but i like the lin 6's tone way more..lol..i dont know why...it just felt more at home to me
Quote by OurRequiem
i took the pick guard off my lp and i cant even tell there was one there.

really? and hey man i know you!!!!! i lost my password and everything for my username cheseagrinwh0re so i made this....and when i was going fo a new amp everyone told me i would love the 6505 combo and it blew some hard balls man..lol..i tried the bugera and it was a dream for me. i know its supposed to mimic it but i just love it that much more...but my dad said he wanted me to get a new combo amp first so he will buy the bugera for me next year but i love my line 6!!!!!!!...and yeah thats one HUGE reason i want a lp is because of you man...i love yours with sd's in it....does it sound too thin? with the actives and all?
Quote by trashedlostfdup
my main guitar has been my LP for the last few years. its been beat to death. however i love it. its my favorite guitar actually. i have this old guitar probably 70's or so that my grandfather gave me he is alive and in very good shape and health which i am very thankful for. that guitar will never go anywhere. same deal.

i only have one guitar that never goes out. its one of those short run gibsons. not going anywhere. i play it in my studio here and then.

you don't need a Gibson to enjoy a les paul. however, you could pick up a faded gibson for less money than the Epi custom, and the Gibson is a better guitar, but you may not like the aesthetics. CL has them all the time. i got my Faded Gibson SG for $300. les pauls usually $400-$450, some coming with a case even. saves you $100 right there.

yeah i just really really want one man and always have...ive always had the rg series and there alright except they arent always "gorgeous" you know? yeah i know what you mean but i want a white guitar man i love the look of this one and this one comes with a hard shell case too i lvoe it and im just waiting for the money..lol
Quote by kumamilesbear

If you spend more time making your guitar look nice and just looking at it, then you shouldn't be playing guitar.
Quote by Sputnik1
If you spend more time making your guitar look nice and just looking at it, then you shouldn't be playing guitar.

I'm not saying I spend a ton of time making it look nice. I'm just a lot more careful with it, and clean it when I change the strings. The Les Paul I let get beat up, knocked around, etc, etc...
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by dcooper830
JMO but Alpine White LP Customs look like crap without the pickguard lol.

i think it would look great man!!!!!..lol..but if it doesnt i will just put it back on..lol