Okay, here's my dillema, I'm not looking for an instant fix right now... I just need to know, what I should be looking to get later on down the road. I've been led on to get a Peavy Windsor 20 Watt 1x12 Studio Amp. But I need to know what will suit my sound the best. I'm looking for one that will give me a good british sound that's got good ability to be distorted pretty heavily, and also be able to put its hand into the cookie jar of punk rock and indie sound too. Reminder, i'm not looking for a 100% on all of them, just about a 50%-75% sound ratio on them. Pedals can still be a play in this whole scheme. Financing will be around $1,000 later on down the road. May be more, depending on the situation. Price really isn't an issue at this point, but I also don't want to take a second mortgage out, just to get it.... So be considerate. I've got a little 15 Watt Behringer Modeling Amp right now that can dish it out pretty hardcore. But it's lacking in its true ability to cover the genre's I want. It's got clean, dirty, and dirty calif. that's about it. Hit me with some good ones. And include some sound demo's too, preferably ones without any other pedals or super high-end guitars or anything that will effect sound too much.
So how much money do you have exactly? Because the Windsor head is a lot better than the studio.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Well finances really won't be a thing in a year or two, schooling for PC Tech... 40k a year before my main ISA... 170k a year.... sooo Finances really won't be too big an issue. Was thinking a windsor head with a marshal amp. looking like $1300 but would get the sound I want spot on.
For that you could probably find an actual JCM 800 with a cab.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
For the head look into the Blackstar HT stage HT100 100w head, as for a cab I would look around an try things out.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Austin174
For the head look into the Blackstar HT stage HT100 100w head, as for a cab I would look around an try things out.

Okay, not to be a downer at my OWN party, but tell me the sound output is TOTALLY worth it for the price, cause I think I just gave birth when I saw the price.
I looked up 5 different videos on YouTube an looked on 4 different sites. It sounded great on evey video on OD and clean channels, an every review I have read was at least a 8.5 or 9.0 out of 10. I plan on getting that head in a couple months an I can't wait.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112