Im looking at getting a power supply soon, but like everything in australia, theyre all overpriced. so first question is: if i were to buy something like a dunlop dc brick with what seems to be an adapter input, can i just pick up an 18v adapter and have it work simply as it would with the adapter it can with that corresponds to the country i got it from (ie us)?

Im also looking for suggestions on power supplies. the top two on my list right now are the gator g bus and dunlop dcbrick because they have more outputs than anything by voodoo lab or t rex for the price. ill be running all the pedals in my sig perhaps with the exception of the philsophers tone, and i might sell my crybaby. im also looking to pick up a whammy dt, mi audio tube zone, zendrive, fulltone full drive 2, and probably an isp decimator ( undecided on g string).

If i had money to burn i would lookat voodoo lab or t rex but i dont. would i be going wrong with the g bus or dc brick or should i look for something else (please suggest)?
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Last edited by Bob_Smith at Jan 8, 2012,
The DC brick is just a glorified daisy chain.

What's wrong with daisy chaining? Do you need to take your board to gigs and having power mounted underneath the board? I daisy chain everything and don't have any problems with it.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
The DC brick is just a glorified daisy chain.

What's wrong with daisy chaining? Do you need to take your board to gigs and having power mounted underneath the board? I daisy chain everything and don't have any problems with it.

+1
A Visual Sound One Spot can be found for like 30 USD and it comes with a bunch of different adapters for different pedals.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Voodoo Labs, isolated ports. I also have the DC Brick and like that it has an 18V port without needing a Y-cable. And like u said, more ports. When I can I plan to add a second Voodoo to the board. Not sure either can handle the current draw for the Whammy DT though. If I'm wrong, someone chime in.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Gator Gbus is also a Daisy Chain in a box.

Really if you are going to buy a proper power supply, you do need to put some $$ in and get a decent one.

Luckily there are a couple of models that have 110/240v switches so you can get us models cheaper. T-Rex and Modtone models spring to mind
The only time you really need isolated outputs is if you are running something with a positive internal ground (like a germanium fuzz face) alongside normal -ve internal ground pedals.
I can't help with brands of supplies, I always make my own.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by RealGuitarHero
+1
A Visual Sound One Spot can be found for like 30 USD and it comes with a bunch of different adapters for different pedals.

I second this tentatively, because I'm not sure if you can get 18V with them instead of the typical 9V
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
at the moment, im running my eq on 9v because i havent bothered to get an 18v adapter yet. i already find daisy chaining very messy as is, and adding more 18v pedals like the whammy dt and full drive 2 is going to make me need to get something for 18v. adding another daisy chain feels like itll be a complete nightmare to manage, especially if im adding or removing pedals or messing around with pedal order, whereas with power supplies/glorifieddaisychains, theres a little less of a constantly tangling wires issue. also, i have some fair noise issues which ive narrowed down to something pedal related - most of the noise isnt there with guitar straight into amp and is there with pedals into amp but no guitar.
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Whammy DT Power Consumption: 2.6 Watts (< 288 mA @ 9 VDC)
9 VDC External Adapter
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
i llike my BBE supa charger (even though BBE has gotten crazy expensive in the last year or two). you can run most of them to 9 or 12 and IIRC two can get up to 18? i am not sure on the 18v, look it up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/