i bought a pair of CL/LF 7 pickups for my RG7321

followed the wiring diagram on DiMarzio's website

http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/rg7620mod2.pdf

basically the problems im having, there is more Hum then there should be, in the middle position 3, there is full 60 cycle hum,

and positions 2 and 4 are extremely low output, i have to strum really hard to make something audible.

i mean damaged components could be a possibilty (im thinking the switch) but it was working fine an hour before i took out the old pickups.

but is this a switch problem?

P.S. also posted on SS.org, just posting here for more opinions.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Stupid question-

Was your guitar wired for this config before? (Regarding the switch)

Run through and check your grounds. Wiggle the ones on the pots esp.
i believe the old pups were wired this way.

i checked all the grounds bot 3 times now and im going in circles

which is why i lead myself to believe there is a bad component
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by LeviMan_2001
switch the wires on the pickup you installed. Sounds like you wired it out of phase. Just swap the two wires that come out of it.

theres 4 wires that come out of each pickup. they're 4 conductor.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Bumping with update

Took it to a tech at Samash and he wants to charge me 80 bucks an hour to de-solder re-solder everything . Says its gonna take a couple hours and I think that's utter bullshit. Wat do I do?
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
I believe on Dimarzio, Red is hot (to the selector), Green and bare go to ground (if there is a bare) and black and white solder together unless you are coil splitting. You can try swapping the green and red wires to reverse the direction it's running. The only Ibanez's I've worked on are HSH configs so I'm not sure how they wire their HH configs right off.

The closest diagram I see if for a 7621
http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/rg7621.pdf
Last edited by poppameth at Jan 11, 2012,
Quote by poppameth
I believe on Dimarzio, Red is hot (to the selector), Green and bare go to ground (if there is a bare) and black and white solder together unless you are coil splitting. You can try swapping the green and red wires to reverse the direction it's running. The only Ibanez's I've worked on are HSH configs so I'm not sure how they wire their HH configs right off.

The closest diagram I see if for a 7621
http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/rg7621.pdf

your understanding of the wires are indeed correct. and since its a 5 way switch, its the same as the 7621 and 7420 diagrams on their website.

i tried reversing the red with the green and same problem.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED