Hi All,

hope your all good

I'm very new to the guitar, basically my lad wanted an acoustic guitar for christmas and I managed to get an electric guitar very cheap and thought it would be good for us to learn together.

I have got C D G chords down, and I can play a few single chord songs and a few tabs like: -

Twinkle twinkle
deliverance banjo duel (sort of)

I am trying some scales and really that is about where I am at, although I am not sure where to go next in order to move forward? Am I going the right way about this?

Good to meet you all, Cheers Guys
To start with it would be good to find songs that you like, and are easy to play, and learn them. Learning songs is the best way to advance in the early stages of learning the guitar.

Ohh and welcome to UG
Quote by guitargodofaus
To start with it would be good to find songs that you like, and are easy to play, and learn them. Learning songs is the best way to advance in the early stages of learning the guitar.

Ohh and welcome to UG

Cheers mate,

problem is......well two problems really, firstly while i like most Genre's of music i mainly listen to club / dance / DnB and while I know a lot of songs I like that aren't in this Genre, I am POOR with names so I don't know the names of the songs in the Genres I do like let alone the names of those in more guitar orientated Genres.

I think Ed Sheeran is great, but get the feeling his guitar work will be ridiculously complicated. While I can read basic TABs I do struggle when they start getting more complicated and start involving chords?

So Really wouldnt mind being given any links to beginner TABs as I struggle to find them myself.

Thanks
Also, I am looking for information on my electric guitar........but only have acess to the newbie forum and the pit? and archives? is this a rights thing?
Quote by originalBowsa
Also, I am looking for information on my electric guitar........but only have acess to the newbie forum and the pit? and archives? is this a rights thing?

Found it now :S
Hey Everybody!

I''ve been playing guitar for coming up to a year, and hanging around this place for just as long. I like this forum very much. hope I can learn many things here.
Try and broaden your musical horizons, Dance music is all well and good, but not exactly a guitar driven genre. Watch a video of B.B. King, then Steve Vai, and you shall be inspired. Start by getting down powerchords, learn easy songs like Holiday by Greenday or Rock You Like A Hurricane by the Scorpions (the lead bit is hard). Then learn the minor pentatonic scale, that is one of the most widely used scales in rock and provides a good base to learn the art of soloing.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.