A guy is selling his Kramer Baretta for around 650$

Although Adrian Vandenberg signed it apparantly haha can someone tell if it looks legit?
I know nothing about Kramers really but i always had a major gas for Barettas!
How much does Barettas usually go for?
depends on whether it's a US made one or a japanese made one. i had a US made one back in the day and ti was a pretty nice guitar (the japanese made ones vary depending on the model series). $650 does seem a bit steep although from the pic it looks like it's in good shape. check ebay finished auctions.
It's a pointy with a rosewood board, therefore it's over priced as they're not as popular... The sig probably boosts the price a little though.

This one must be from around '87 before they added the scoop on the horn, unless it's a bitsa of course in which case shoot the price down even further. Do you know the serial? If it's way off you'll know it's a bitsa.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than around $500 for a Baretta with that spec (without the sig)

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by monwobobbo
depends on whether it's a US made one or a japanese made one. i had a US made one back in the day and ti was a pretty nice guitar (the japanese made ones vary depending on the model series). $650 does seem a bit steep although from the pic it looks like it's in good shape. check ebay finished auctions.

usa assembled you mean
The pointys are nice enough but as mentioned they arent one the desirable ones ie the banana head stock ones so 650 might be a bit steep. Up to you how much the signature is worth.. i really don't think it would affect the value in a positive way unless evh himself signed it imo.
yeah as lewis said teh pointy headstock ones aren't as sought-after

i'm no kramer expert so i'm not gonna attempt to say whether it's legit or not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RiseTheFallen
Serial is E09891

That fits with what I'm seeing... It had to be a low E****** serial to fit with that body style and headstock (later they began to "scoop" the cutaways and even later began recessing the tremolo.)

I would say that's pretty strong evidence on it being the real deal... If it is a fake the guy knew what he was doing.

(PS: if you're interested this dates the instrument as an '87...)
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Not really a big enough market for 80s guitars to fake yet either. Ashame cause 80s guitars are rad but yea
Quote by coolstoryangus
Not really a big enough market for 80s guitars to fake yet either. Ashame cause 80s guitars are rad but yea

You can get fakes... Hell you can get fakes of modern day epiphones and squiers.

Quote by coolstoryangus
usa assembled you mean
The pointys are nice enough but as mentioned they arent one the desirable ones ie the banana head stock ones so 650 might be a bit steep. Up to you how much the signature is worth.. i really don't think it would affect the value in a positive way unless evh himself signed it imo.

pretty sure that the bananna headstock ones were US made. Kramer did have US made guitars at least till the mid 80s. i had 2 Kramers that were definitely US made.
Two things that bug me though....Non oe volume knob and if it is worth so much how come he has it on the floor and with the tuners leaning on the wall..... that reall bugs me argggh!
What the hell!!!
one volume knob is awesome!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
one volume knob is awesome!

Yes I agree....but I meant it does not look like the original one. So what else isn't original on it???

And if the Signature is not certified it is worthless and actually detracts value from the guitar.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Jan 10, 2012,
the original one only had a volume knob, surely?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by danvwman
Yes I agree....but I meant it does not look like the original one. So what else isn't original on it???

And if the Signature is not certified it is worthless and actually detracts value from the guitar.

If it is not the original volume knob, it is the same style used originally given it's an early '87.

They had this style volume controls until at least '87-'88 when they started using whatever they felt like.

and fwiw: no tone controls is not cool Dave.

Last edited by power freak at Jan 10, 2012,
it is on 80s superstrats
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?