Hi All,

looking for recomendations on Epi LP standard pickup replacements.

I mostly play things like Dire Straites, GnR, Therapy?, FF, Green Day etc.

Just bored and want to do my first upgrade and sick of stock pups.

Any suggestions would be greatly apprieciated

(Just pickup responses please, I know amp upgrades make more difference to tone but I dont get to take out my soldering iron)

Thanks

Tepp
I just upgraded my old Epi LP about a week ago!! I think it is worth it. I put in Gibson 57 Classic pups in there... and WOW what a difference!! I also swapped out the tuners, pots, toggle and bridge.. This things sounds just like my Gibson LP standard now.. and it didn't cost $3K.

I say if the wood in your guitar is good quality then do it. I did a little serial number tracking and got some great info on my Epi. It was a Korean made guitar with real mahogany, not some cheap wood that looks like it!
google BG pickups, he makes good stuff at a great price. he winds them in the US himself.

i will be getting a hellabucker and a neck pickup to match once i get around to it.

email him, he will get you in the right direction. they are ~$70 a pop.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks both!

After some more reading im going to rewire and put SD 59s in. :-)

Should keep me busy this weekend !

Tepp
I refuse to help someone who uses a - in their smiley faces
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Teppid.. please let me know what it sounds like once you do! Sound clips would be nice.. I was originally gonna put those in mine but then I got the 57's at a good price so in they went!
http://www.amalfitanopickups.com/pickups.php

I just got finished telling someone else about these. Step over Gibson and look into these. I am personally a fan of the PAF's and will be upgrading my axe with those but look into his Barrybuckers or Fullbuckers. Those are probably the ones that will sing the way you want them to! I've heard what the difference is between the PAF and the Burstbucker's and its like night and day! There's a pretty good list of artists who use them too. Check it out!
Last edited by bpdeem at Jan 10, 2012,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
google BG pickups, he makes good stuff at a great price. he winds them in the US himself.

i will be getting a hellabucker and a neck pickup to match once i get around to it.

email him, he will get you in the right direction. they are ~$70 a pop.
I have BG V60s in my strat. He makes good pickups but his stuff comes at a price, when I ordered mine, there was a 10 week turnaround time because his waiting list was so long. Still, good pickups though.
Quote by bpdeem
http://www.amalfitanopickups.com/pickups.php

I just got finished telling someone else about these. Step over Gibson and look into these. I am personally a fan of the PAF's and will be upgrading my axe with those but look into his Barrybuckers or Fullbuckers. Those are probably the ones that will sing the way you want them to! I've heard what the difference is between the PAF and the Burstbucker's and its like night and day! There's a pretty good list of artists who use them too. Check it out!
Those are going to end up costing $350 a set. I'm sure they sound great, but they still cost $350 a set, which is almost how much the TS's guitar is worth. I've run the gamut with high end boutique PAF copies, and the pickup that I still think sound closest to a real PAF is a Seymour Duncan Antiquity. AND, they cost about $100 less than a set of boutique pickups.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 10, 2012,