I got a Ibanez RG370DXZL and i think solid black is boring.I do know its possible to recolor the guitar but would it make any diffrence at my guitars is original tone or damage its any original...things and would it make a great diffrence if i equip 3 Di Marzio Evoulutions to my guitar if it would, would it effect more than a Boss ME-25 or higher models so Pickups or Professional Processor?
Dont bother changing pickups or getting the multi fx.
What you really need is a better amp.
I'd at least get a 30w roland cube, vox vt, or peavey vypyr.
Unless of course you can afford better.

Pickups wont really help that much until you get a good tube amp as solid states really dictate the tones. These amps also all have effects built in.

I slapped a bunch of red stickers on my 370dx, looks nice on the black.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Jan 9, 2012,
Refinishing it is probably not a great idea. It's time intensive, expensive, and risky.

put stickers on it like SCC said. If you want to make them more permanent you can spray a very thin layer of clearcoat over the stickers.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by PetrucciIsAGod

to get that you'll have to sand your guitar down to the wood
that's about 10 hours of sanding, probably more.
then you'll have to use sealer and primer.
then you'll have to tape the design you want and airbrush it one painful layer at a time. I count about 5 layers on that design. Allow about a day or so of drying time between layers, including the primer and sealer layers.
Then you'll have to add about 3-4 coats of clearcoat, wet sanding between each layer and buffing it at the end.
then you'll have to wait a week for it to harden before you touch it.

Hopefully you have professional airbrushing tools at your disposal because if you try it with spraypaint you'll end butchering it.

All in all you're probably looking at 6-700$ to pay someone else to do it for you, and that's if you do the 10 hours of sanding yourself.

And all so you can have a 400$ guitar that's a little nicer to look at.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
you think that would look better than black?

buy some stickers.

or buy some printer-friendly sticker paper and print off a design, cut it out, and put it on your guitar, sorta like a vinyl. then you can add a layer of clearcoat to seal it in place.
Quote by stepchildusmc
One thing along the road that i learned ... Stop trying to upgrade lower end equipment , thats a waste of money in the long run .

Spending 200 $ on a 250 $ for example isnt a good investmeent ..save money and spend 600-700-800 when your ready . same for amp .. People buy cheap amp .. than add pedals after pedals and end spending in the long run 1000 $ for an amp that still sound like garbage .

i know not everyone can afford higher end right away .. but play with your boss me-50 and guitar like you have it now and change later for a higher end set up .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
/trolls stone colds ad
Quote by stepchildusmc
Offered a private stock? Havent looked yet.

* goes to see

Oh snap its a half eaten tuna sammy that he dropped!

Damn. I wanted that prs...

Edit. Hope ya saw it. Deleted.

Clear back red stickers with good designs are a bitch to find.
If you want it to be more metal...

lol.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Jan 9, 2012,
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Offered a private stock? Havent looked yet.

* goes to see

Oh snap its a half eaten tuna sammy that he dropped!

Damn. I wanted that prs...

Edit. Hope ya saw it. Deleted.

Clear back red stickers with good designs are a bitch to find.
If you want it to be more metal...

lol.

Cheesy guitar.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
took me forever to find because i gave this guitar to a friend a few years ago

but i put an element sticker in between the pickups that looked pretty cool

stuff like this is a cheap way of making your guitar less bland

cost me 4$, and was completely reversible.
Quote by stepchildusmc
if you would like a different color, take it to a ma and pop auto body shop. talk to one of the painters and ask them if they could do it after they are off the clock. i have known a few people that have done this. if you find the right guy it could be less than $100, probably a bit less too. just depends on the painter.

i have painted quite a few of my own.

but i agree with whoever said that people need to stop modding cheap guitars and instead saving, sell the cheap one and get a much better guitar in a better price bracket.

i don't understand the sticker thing. it just looks trashy. but its your guitar do what you want.

the only way it is tolerable for me, is when it is taken to the extreme and cannot see the body at all, solid stickers.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Here's an idea. Put an add up at a local college in the art department. Maybe you'll find someone to do it cheap as a project for school.