Gay...
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
It seems kind of pointless as you can tune a guitar and do multiple takes of a track. Some people just can't sing and I see the point of Autotune for humans.

That being said...Deja Vu
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
That's actually kinda cool... but I can't see much practical use for it, since it probably costs more than a good tuner, and anyone who's going to buy this is already going to have a pretty decent guitar that should hold tune well. Maybe I'm just not seeing the point? Though, the guitar/pickup modeling could be pretty cool if it's done right

You can use the regular Autotune on guitar on a recording anyway. Sometimes I throw Waves Tune or Melodyne on a guitar track if it's a bit out of key
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I don't know, I wouldn't pay for one myself - but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a productive use. For somebody that doesn't know how to play a guitar already, this is a crutch. For a guitar playing professional - this can be a useful and impressive tool.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Last edited by Vypor at Jan 9, 2012,
Really late to the party here. There's a really big thread on HCFX. Basically, the consensus is that it's really useful for fixing a great take that's got one or two missed bends or the like. Anything really big and it starts to sound weird.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It could work if you know how autotune programs work. I'm a bit more curious how it will work with death metal vocals.
"Makes the bends "bend up" to the right note, so that even beginners can bend like pros"
Watching a couple of the videos on the website and it actually sounds pretty cool. Wouldn't be surprised if we start hearing more about it, or seeing copy cats from other companies
Quote by MegaGreg
It could work if you know how autotune programs work. I'm a bit more curious how it will work with death metal vocals.

Not sure why you want to use it on screams

It can be done, but it's not you can really go "off key" with a scream. Why you'd need to fix it with autotune is beyond me, just do it over again if you don't like a certain pitch.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Not sure why you want to use it on screams

It can be done, but it's not you can really go "off key" with a scream. Why you'd need to fix it with autotune is beyond me, just do it over again if you don't like a certain pitch.

This haha