Had a Blackstar HT-5R combo on back order at a big chain for two months (killer deal). I called to find out what the delay was and apparently they're bringing out an updated model and the old is discontinued. Not sure when they released the reverb version but I believe it wasn't too long ago. I ended up switching to the head-only version and a 1x12 cab, both of which were in stock. If you're in the market for one of these, I'd try to find a good deal on them or wait a few months for the new one to be released (if you're a patient person). Just a head's up.
blackstar must have released it about 1-2 years ago. i was kind of afraid to buy one because i thought they might have some issues. the isf knob on these amps is overrated in my opinion.
Honestly, I don't know what else I'd buy in this price range that would give me all the features I'm looking for. Strangely, it was down to this or the Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18. I'm sliding back into things after 20 years so I didn't want to go out and break the bank right off the bat. The Blackstar is considerably less expensive than the H&K but probably not in the same league. If I don't like it, I can always sell it and upgrade.
------------------------
Michel
PRS Torero
Blackstar HT-5RH
HTV-112 Cab
Burriss Boostiest 2.5 pedal
Quote by Ape Factory
Honestly, I don't know what else I'd buy in this price range that would give me all the features I'm looking for.

The often overlooked and exceptionally underrated Laney Cub series is great for low wattage all-tube buyers - whether it has all the features you want is another issue however (I cant think of what it would be missing compared to a Blackstar)
The Blackstar seems to be a bit more flexible than the Laney and has a sim out for recording. It's also two channel and variable between zero and 5 watts whereas the Laney gives you two wattage settings only. I'm actually surprised the range tones I'm getting out of the Blackstar despite the EMG's (they're going soon) in the Torero.
------------------------
Michel
PRS Torero
Blackstar HT-5RH
HTV-112 Cab
Burriss Boostiest 2.5 pedal
Good points, i overlooked the sim out - the Laney also does not have a headphone out (which shouldn't bother most tube amp players I wouldn't think). You really can get a lot of amp for your money in this category. Good to hear you are happy with the Blackstar as they seem to get mixed reviews.