Hi i'm looking into amps preferable halfstacks, im not looking for something to play gigs, just something around the house.
im looking on kijiji im seeing some really great prices for randall amps but i dont know anything about them.
I mostly play metal/melodic
Nothing too expensive!
im also looking at blackstar but they're hard to find.
suggestions would help
no point getting a stack if youre not gigging with it, get a nice combo amp, better value for money with home use

Randall over Line 6 any day too
What Line 6? What Randall? Don't get a halfstack. You don't need it and won't need it even if you start playing small-medium size gigs. Go combo. Between 30 and 50 watts of tube power. It will be more than enough and you will get more tone for your money.

Metal? Get a 5150/6505 combo. Its the standard.
Really, don't get a halfstack
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by 1sheldon
halfstacks are just so BA

Yeah, but that doesn't really matter much when you're only playing at home...
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Paddy McK
Yeah, but that doesn't really matter much when you're only playing at home...

i am getting sick of people saying this. not you Paddy directly, but quite a few people. where are your amps when you aren't gigging? most likely in your room/studio. if he wants a half stack in his bedroom, its really not that big of a deal. it's not like they are four times louder than a 1x12. my second amp was a half-stack. i gigged with it like three months later. you never know when the right thing pops up.

however, they are a major pain to move around, especially going up stairs (or down really) also around here the dives where most younger people gig in (i have as well, quite a few times) don't have a decent enough PA worth mic'ing an amp, some of them barely handle clear delivery of vocals. so a 4x12" would be handy for the projection.

again this is far from normal, they are out there though.

if you know your venues around you and essentially what their set ups are and what you need to sound your best.

/rant. they are big and a pain in the ass to move, your budget would get you a lot better tube combo.

IMO get a smaller combo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i am getting sick of people saying this. not you Paddy directly, but quite a few people. where are your amps when you aren't gigging? most likely in your room/studio. if he wants a half stack in his bedroom, its really not that big of a deal. it's not like they are four times louder than a 1x12. my second amp was a half-stack. i gigged with it like three months later. you never know when the right thing pops up.

however, they are a major pain to move around, especially going up stairs (or down really) also around here the dives where most younger people gig in (i have as well, quite a few times) don't have a decent enough PA worth mic'ing an amp, some of them barely handle clear delivery of vocals. so a 4x12" would be handy for the projection.

again this is far from normal, they are out there though.

if you know your venues around you and essentially what their set ups are and what you need to sound your best.

/rant. they are big and a pain in the ass to move, your budget would get you a lot better tube combo.

IMO get a smaller combo.

He specifically said it wasn't for gigging. Read before you rant bro
My Soundcloud
Quote by Paddy McK
He specifically said it wasn't for gigging. Read before you rant bro

i did. a gig came up three months later, i had no idea and didn't see it coming. because he is not gigging doesn't mean that he won't, who knows how long he will have the amp, etc. the goal of most musicians is to gig and record. gigging usually goes first.

i said to get a tube combo in the end, i really don't see what the deal is, am i not allowed to rant?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i did. a gig came up three months later, i had no idea and didn't see it coming. because he is not gigging doesn't mean that he won't, who knows how long he will have the amp, etc. the goal of most musicians is to gig and record. gigging usually goes first.

i said to get a tube combo in the end, i really don't see what the deal is, am i not allowed to rant?

Rant all you like, just try and be relevant. I said having a halfstack simply because they're badass is kind of pointless if you only plan on playing it in your room. What you said didn't really have much to do with that
My Soundcloud