so i tried posting this thread in the guitar building section and didn't get much response at all.

looking to switch out the POS pickups in my studio paul. i need them to be good for both gain and clean. i've been looking at dimarzios but dont know what model to look at, also have looked into burst buckers, and my gtr tech works with lollars so those could be an option as well.

as far as genres like i said i need it to be pretty diverse, i need them for distortion stuff but i also want it to be able to get pretty clean for the random gigs i do where i don't feel like bringing the jazzbox. i use a fender twin reverb and a jc120 if that helps at all, big fan of TS9s and i also use a Rat, if that helps as well.

any info you can give me would be great

Thx
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Fender Twin Reverb silverface
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican
I would recommend the marshal MG100

Very versatile and quality sound. It should treat you well
How much are you willing to spend?
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
money isn't an object. i want good stuff, i don't cheap myself out of gear
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

check out bg pickups then. They might be right up your alley
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
check out bg pickups then. They might be right up your alley

The Lizard might be my choice, that really isn't that bad of a price either.

Thanks for the hookup
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Try bareknuckle pickups, the general consensus seems to be that they are the best pickups on the market
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
+1 for the bareknuckles.
My friend just gave me his VHII for me to borrow, we put it in on Saturday. I'll have clips up soon.
We also moved my Dimarzio FRED from the bridge to the neck. It sounds GORGEOUS there. The best clean sound my guitar has ever given me.
And I'm using these in a Les Paul Studio as well.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
I recommend MHD Pickups. IN particular the Asylum set would be perfect for what you want tone wise
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Lindy Fralin Page PAF Humbuckers....

Not that you would but, dont think your gonna sound like Jimmy Page...but it will sound awesome!
Forum needs to get off BKP's balls.

There are loads of other brands at the same price point or lower that feature competitive products.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
yeah i'm not sure BKP are for me

i love my fralin strat pickups but i wasn't crazy about the humbuckers, a friend had them in his standard LP, and he in fact ended up ripping them out and putting his dimarzio's back in.

i'll check out MHD and see what i can find.

Thx
Fender Strat Deluxe
Fender MexiStrat
Epiphone Sheritan
Ibanez Artcore
Roland JC120
Pedals

Quote by CaptainAmerican

Last edited by gerraguitar at Jan 10, 2012,
I can't really speak for how they handle higher gain, BUT a buddy of mine started using a PAF set from Jerry Amalfitano. He got a Bell Jazzblaster that came with them stock and then later put them into his Gibson Custom Shop LP. He swears by them. He converted some vintage elitist Nashville producers/engineers with them! NOT an easy thing to do!There's a pretty extensive list of pro's using them too. If you're interested in Lindy Fralin's it would be a shame for you to miss out on these!

www.amalfitanopickups.com

Edit: I completely missed this last night... probably tired and needed sleep... Look into his Barrybuckers or Fullbuckers. That should do the trick!
Last edited by bpdeem at Jan 10, 2012,