So currently I'm the bassist at my church's youth group. Things happened, and now I have to fill in as rhythm guitarist and onward to lead guitarist a little after. My budget for a guitar is around $300-400. I have a couple in mind, but I would like your guys' opinions.

Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Studio Deluxe (I played it at GC the other day. It was pretty good).

Epiphone G-400

Squier Jagmaster

Squier CV 60's Strat

Squier CV 50's Telecaster

I'd prefer to spend as less as possible (yeah, Mr. Cheapo right here)
And if you could recommend other guitars, that would be nice. (Preferrably not Ibanez. I don't really like them, but if there's a good one for it's price, I might consider).

Edit: I'd be playing mostly contemporary to hard rock.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jan 9, 2012,
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
^ That looks like it would suit your needs nicely

But in case that isn't your cup of tea, I'd say that the Epiphone should work for you. (Either one of them)
Last edited by MonsterMetalMus at Jan 9, 2012,
Stop with the spam.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
out of those, the LP studio. they're decent and reliable guitars that sound pretty good, which is really all that you need.

the squires are all reasonable as well, but I don't like them that much. they just always feel cheap. I would sooner save up a bit and grab a fender blacktop series guitar. I've seen new ones for around $450 pretty consistently, and they feel better than the squires
Quote by n1ckn1ce
How do you play this sitting down?

LOOL. This guitar is meant for teh brootlz and people that play teh brootlz don't play sitting down.

Anyway, TS you can't really go wrong with any of them. They'll all be decent do go tey them out. Rest assured, any one of those you pick will be fine.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Stop with the spam.

i'll assume that was directed at me

sorry won't happen again. in this thread.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.