What's up guys?

My question is is it possible to write orchestral music with just a bass guitar? I don't really have anything else at my fingertips but I really want to write and arrange a piece for orchestra. Am I extremely limited or can it be done with enough work? What should I consider?

Thanks!
We're all alright!
You can write any sort of music with no instrument present. However if you want to actually play it, an orchestra is preferred to be present.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
You can write any sort of music with no instrument present. However if you want to actually play it, an orchestra is preferred to be present.

Are you talking computer programs? I'm looking for a little more explanation, if you don't mind.
We're all alright!
Well you'd write the music out on a piece of paper, then give it to an orchestra to play. It's not like you write the music with the orchestra present, shouting out commands to different sections to try stuff out
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
No, of course not. How clumsy of me to have ever thought that.
We're all alright!
there are bass/guitar synth pedals that do decent jobs, but...just get a DAW with some good VSTs and learn how to use it, or learn to compose quill-and-paper style.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.