Okay, so someone is selling this guitar. It's advertised as an ESP LTD MH 300

Here's the headstock.

Does this mean it's an actual ESP? Or do some LTD's say ESP on the headstock.

The guitar is only $300, so if it's an actual ESP it sounds like it could be a really good deal.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Last edited by BeastModeEngage at Jan 9, 2012,
If it's an LTD it would say "LTD" on the headstock. No, all we know is that it's a picture of an ESP. Somebody correct me please.
Quote by LostKeys
If it's an LTD it would say "LTD" on the headstock. No, all we know is that it's a picture of an ESP. Somebody correct me please.

Alright, well here's some more pictures if anyone recognizes it.

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Quote by LostKeys

you're right. it's not the headstock that is supposed to be on the guitar he is advertising
my shitty rig:
fender mim tele -> eqd hoof fuzz -> fender blues jr.
The leather on the sofa mathes in both pictures. Ask the seller to send you a full picture.
Those look like EMG-HZ's. This is not an ESP. Never the less. It still may be a good deal.
gotta see the whole guitar, preferably with a serial number.

it would seem odd to advertise an ESP as an LTD (the other way round happens all the time), so I'd be wary. what I can tell you FOR SURE is that it is not an MH-300. MH's have a blade style pickup selector. the smaller 3-way switch on that is indicative of an ESP horizon. definitely worth a close look though, you could be in for a steal!
I did not take notice to this. ^ He has a point.
Don't most Horizons say "Horizon" to the right of the logo though?
Last edited by LostKeys at Jan 9, 2012,
Quote by krehzeekid
gotta see the whole guitar, preferably with a serial number.

it would seem odd to advertise an ESP as an LTD (the other way round happens all the time), so I'd be wary. what I can tell you FOR SURE is that it is not an MH-300. MH's have a blade style pickup selector. the smaller 3-way switch on that is indicative of an ESP horizon. definitely worth a close look though, you could be in for a steal!

May be an older model I found this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E87zuIwjNpE

Exact same in every other aspect except the headstock saying ESP instead of LTD

I also haven't seen a Horizon with a Flame Top
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Call him and ask him to see that guitar in person. If you do get to see it, dont tell him its a expensive guitar. just give that 300 cash and walk away with a wonderful steal.
Also the name of the guitar is usually on the head stock. which in the picture it is not.
Quote by bass94
Call him and ask him to see that guitar in person. If you do get to see it, dont tell him its a expensive guitar. just give that 300 cash and walk away with a wonderful steal.

He lives an hour away, i don't really want to go out and find one and have it be a bust.

And if it is just an LTD MH 300, it's not worth it. I can buy one used from Guitar Center for $250

Quote by bass94
Also the name of the guitar is usually on the head stock. which in the picture it is not.

I also noticed that. You think maybe he just slapped an ESP neck on there? Or maybe an ESP logo?
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
well look at it this way, those emg hz's are 60-80 dollars a piece, so you are only parying 120-140 dollars for the rest of it, that is one helluva deal