I need help adjusting the sloppiness of my attempted shredding. My style is very sloppy and everytime i try to slow things down and go through them slower so they arent so sloppy it just ends up the same. any hints?
Slow down more and take more time over what you're doing. If you're trying to do something and you can't it's because you're doing it too quickly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Go even slower. You shouldn't try to outplay what your fingers are capable of. That's like trying to lift weights you can't pick up. You aren't going to get anything out of it.

Slow down, if you're still sloppy keep playing at a slower speed until whatever it is you are playing consists of nothing but perfect notes.

Eventually you can build up to speed. It's all about patience and practice. Be disciplined and don't cheat. If you want to get better this is all important.

Also, practicing with a metronome is essential. Timing is everything and while some may disagree, seeing the speed you're playing it increase overtime can be motivating.

Stick with it man, practice is only useful if you practice perfect. Otherwise you're just practicing bad habits.

Quote by Zeppelin Addict
Go even slower. You shouldn't try to outplay what your fingers are capable of. That's like trying to lift weights you can't pick up. You aren't going to get anything out of it.

Slow down, if you're still sloppy keep playing at a slower speed until whatever it is you are playing consists of nothing but perfect notes.

Eventually you can build up to speed. It's all about patience and practice. Be disciplined and don't cheat. If you want to get better this is all important.

Also, practicing with a metronome is essential. Timing is everything and while some may disagree, seeing the speed you're playing it increase overtime can be motivating.

Stick with it man, practice is only useful if you practice perfect. Otherwise you're just practicing bad habits.

THIS should be the default response to every thread like this ever made.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.