Page 1 of 3
I'm just trying to get a part time job and no matter how hard I try, and no matter how many places I apply to I cannot manage to get one.

Anyone else with the same problem?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Sell drugs.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sell drugs.

/thread
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
They know what you did last time you were in their shop...

I've tried looking online before and I really only find one spot for part time stuff. It can be difficult to find somer stuff.
It's usually best to go somewhere that gets little traffic, they're more likely to hire.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I know that feel bro.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Unemployed for nearly 2 years now.

So I said **** it and applied for Uni. If I don't get a job out of that/after that then...
well I'm screwed really
Quote by SkepsisMetal

So I said **** it and applied for Uni. If I don't get a job out of that/after that then...
well I'm screwed really

Baby, you screwed.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sell drugs.

But for that you need money to by the drugs in the first place, and work your way up.

Just be a prostitute.

Note: It's kind of awesome how much of this thread can be applied to episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I've been there. Somehow I was able to get one, though, at one of my favorite stores: a CD resale store.

That being said, I got hired the third time I applied there. I was able to get a job at Target in between my previous job and the resale store, too.

PS: Unless it's an emergency financial-wise, NEVER work at Target.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Quote by bradulator

Fuck you I was going to post that.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Lower your standards. Try literally everywhere. Clean yourself up, get clean shaven and wear nice clothes.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sell drugs.

I'd rather not. I only have one experience selling and it ended horribly. And even if I did want to I don't have the money to start up to begin with.

Quote by SkepsisMetal

well I'm screwed really

I go off to college in the fall, I just need money in the meantime, and for while I'm there too.

Quote by palm mute
Lower your standards. Try literally everywhere. Clean yourself up, get clean shaven and wear nice clothes.

Dude, my standards are already way lower than I'd like them to be. And I'm clean shaven, my hairs a little longer now, but normally I have it cut short and I wear button ups and shit, so I look a lot more professional than most 18 year olds out there.
Last edited by caeser1156 at Jan 9, 2012,
Quote by caeser1156
I'm just trying to get a part time job and no matter how hard I try, and no matter how many places I apply to I cannot manage to get one.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I blame it on the economy,many are saying the economy is getting better. But everywhere i go shops are closing,there are signs saying "building for lease"
Quote by palm mute

This totally applies to my prostitution suggestion.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I hate that, man. I didn't have a job for a good while, and people kept telling me I wasn't trying hard enough. They clearly don't understand that I could only do too much. If they didn't hire me, they didn't hire me.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by snipelfritz
This totally applies to my prostitution suggestion.

A job's a job
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Send your resume to EVERYONE on craigslist. Then just weed through the scams (Which are generally 90% of returned e-mails), its not too hard. I got a job at a law firm off craigslist.
It's party time!
Quote by moscaespañol
Fuck you I was going to post that.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
Send your resume to EVERYONE on craigslist. Then just weed through the scams (Which are generally 90% of returned e-mails), its not too hard. I got a job at a law firm off craigslist.

I haven't really tried craigslist, I'll give it a shot though.
go try to take over the world
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Compose stock music for the musical version of "Voltron" using only an 80's 16 key Casio keyboard

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
No-one can get a job now, brotato chip

Jay Turser: JT-134DC
Epiphone: G-400
Gibson: SG Special Faded Cherry

Line 6: Spider III 15-watt
Marshall Haze 40

DOD FX65 Chorus
Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ
EH4800 Small Stone Phase Shifter
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Deltalab Tube Overdrive TO1
In England pizza companies are always short of drivers. My brother got a job at Domino's just last week
Quote by rocknrollstar
Not sure if you're based in Britain, but aye tons of people trying to get work right now man, myself included.

Quote by Reagar
In England pizza companies are always short of drivers. My brother got a job at Domino's just last week

I live in the States and it just seems like nowhere near me is actually looking to hire. Plenty of places will take applications, but I've applied to tons and have had no luck. I was supposed to have an interview at one place, but I missed the call from them while I was in school and someone else ended up getting the job instead
Quote by caeser1156
I live in the States and it just seems like nowhere near me is actually looking to hire. Plenty of places will take applications, but I've applied to tons and have had no luck. I was supposed to have an interview at one place, but I missed the call from them while I was in school and someone else ended up getting the job instead

Without sounding harsh, get used to it.

Big companies don't give a fuck. Most of them don't even bother to get back to you and even at the interview stage they only contact the successful applicant.
Quote by SkepsisMetal

well I'm screwed really

Hopefully you are actually getting a degree in something that's actually in demand now days....otherwise you are screwed.

I've been unemployed since 2009, I'm in the same boat...I constantly apply to places and get nothing. You have to know people on the inside who can push for you to get hired, otherwise it's very rare you'll get hired.
Quote by rocknrollstar
Without sounding harsh, get used to it.

Big companies don't give a fuck. Most of them don't even bother to get back to you and even at the interview stage they only contact the successful applicant.

Yeah I know. I'm just aggravated that this kid I know who's a high school drop out was able to get the job over me. Its more of just a personal grudge because I hate the kid than actually being mad about not getting the job.
Quote by caeser1156
Dude, my standards are already way lower than I'd like them to be. And I'm clean shaven, my hairs a little longer now, but normally I have it cut short and I wear button ups and shit, so I look a lot more professional than most 18 year olds out there.

Do you have any job experience? Or will this be your first job?
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by caeser1156
Yeah I know. I'm just aggravated that this kid I know who's a high school drop out was able to get the job over me. Its more of just a personal grudge because I hate the kid than actually being mad about not getting the job.

At least you've got shelter, warmth and food man.

I know it seems really cheesy to say and sometimes I get pissed with having no spending money, but then I remember this. Also got my guitar and the internet so there's always something to do. Always find the good.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sell drugs.

This. Specifically sell drugs to high school kids.
you're a stone fox
Do volunteer work in the mean time. Might as well stack your résume with volunteer work experience and references while you're unemployed. I volunteered at a hospital a few summers while in high school. Haven't been turned down for a job since. Potential employers eyes light up when they see my letter of recommendation from the hospital.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by SkepsisMetal

well I'm screwed really

Bad idea. Youre just gonna be in debt for a long time. College degrees mean nothing.
Quote by palm mute
Do you have any job experience? Or will this be your first job?

I go out and volunteer but this will be my first job. I'm only 18 and I've been constantly looking for a job but I've just turned down by everyone for the past two years
Page 1 of 3