I have a Vox AC15C1 which features both a normal input and a top boost input. I'd like to run one guitar into both inputs and be able to switch between the two at will so I'm looking to buy a decent A/B switch. This is the only thing I'll be using it for so I don't need any extra features. I'd love something that doesn't *pop* when you switch and something that doesn't suck tone if that is possible. I was looking to spend around the $100 range but that can change if necessary. Suggestions?
some amps that have two jacks are safe with both inputs plugged in, however i have *heard* that in some scenarios/amps it isn't safe. but then again you throw a dummy jack in one input on a Valve King and it is a 100% improvement, that is because the two inputs being plugged them.

honestly make sure it is safe with your amp.

if it does, i would recommend something from radial engineering.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Most AB boxes are true bypass so they'll probably pop when you press them. I haven't seen too many buffered bypass ones, and all of them are really overpriced considering the technology inside of them (it's not even necessary to have a circuitboard in there). If you can solder you could build one yourself from General Guitar Gadgets.
http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Polyswitch-Stereo-B-Box/dp/B001VEHXE0
That could work but building it yourself is a way better deal.
You could get a simple AB switch from BYOC and just do it yourself.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Hmm, how would I go about finding out if it is safe to do on my amp? Anyone else know if it is?

And I don't plan on building my own but thanks.
Quote by Polar13
Most AB boxes are true bypass so they'll probably pop when you press them. I haven't seen too many buffered bypass ones, and all of them are really overpriced considering the technology inside of them (it's not even necessary to have a circuitboard in there). If you can solder you could build one yourself from General Guitar Gadgets.

This. Just build one, it's a couple of wires, jacks, and a switch, a monkey could wire one up.
If I'm not mistaken, an A/B pedal/box is one of the easiest pedals to build... ever. I'd do that if I were you. It may not be as pretty, but it will do everything you need and cost a hell of a lot less.

Edit: Wow there was double/triple ninja status that just happened :/
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
If I'm not mistaken, an A/B pedal/box is one of the easiest pedals to build... ever. I'd do that if I were you. It may not be as pretty, but it will do everything you need and cost a hell of a lot less.

Edit: Wow there was double/triple ninja status that just happened :/

only things simpler would be a passive 'suck knob' or 'volume box' where it is basically connecting a put to two jacks to a pot ran backwards (use center and opposite side lug).

Quote by Polar13

you can build one for like $20-25, with most of the cost being the casing and switch. you could throw a buffer circuit in there really easy, i have a schematic that i was going to do for a buffer, but haven't done.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Jan 9, 2012,
Sorry, I'm sure you guys know your stuff and that building one is the most cost effective and customized way to go about it but I don't have the time nor patience to fool with it. Money isn't a huge issue at the moment. Just looking for a solid A/B switch that is quiet and doesn't suck tone. And now I'm curious as to whether it is safe to do what I'm doing on my amp (run through both inputs simultaneously. Any help appreciated, especially links to specific pedals.
I use a Morley, works well. I'd suggest it. It's perfectly safe to do on your amp. I can't think of an amp where it wouldn't be safe, actually. Some phasing issues with certain amps might make them sound funny, but the inputs here are in phase. The AC30CC actually has a switch that links the channels just like using an ABY would.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
some amps that have two jacks are safe with both inputs plugged in, however i have *heard* that in some scenarios/amps it isn't safe. but then again you throw a dummy jack in one input on a Valve King and it is a 100% improvement, that is because the two inputs being plugged them.

honestly make sure it is safe with your amp.

if it does, i would recommend something from radial engineering.

Vox actually encourages using an AB pedal. Just so you know. The Morley AB should do the job. Really any well built one should.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Vox actually encourages using an AB pedal. Just so you know. The Morley AB should do the job. Really any well built one should.

thanks for the heads up. i would rather err on the cautious side if there is even the smallest possibility could damage something or hurt anybody.

the thing that i like about the radial is three switches that will eliminate hum. 180* ground lift, iso. i don't think it would be needed for one amp, but sometimes you need it for running two amps
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Can you solder? Here's my ABY box. The 10M resistors are optional, they are there for anti-pop. I didn't find that I needed them.

As you can see there's not a lot to them.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification