Ok so I am running a Peavey 6505+ half stack and i am getting a ridiculous amount of hum. I am using an Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85, then i have that plugged into a tube screamer, which goes into an mxr smart gate, and then to the amp. I am powering both of the pedals with a one spot which is plugged into the same outlet as the amp, which adds some hum but even without it the hum is unbearable. I think the problem is ground loop hum since i have the gate on full and there is no problem with too much noise when not playing, just the obnoxious hum. I need to know what is the best way to fix this, hopefully for under $100. thanks!
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
ok ill try that but then i think there will be too much noise when I stop playing
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
Quote by 14xjake
ok ill try that but then i think there will be too much noise when I stop playing

the point of that is to stop all the noise up until the effect loop
Quote by supersac
put the noise gate in the effects loop

This is exactly what you need to do. The hum is coming mostly from the amp's distortion, moreso than the pedals.

I have a 5150 and have played with many 5150/6505 players, and it's unanimous... If you have to pick a location for the noise gate, the loop is better.

I prefer to gate both before the amp and in the loop (I use an ISP G-String, NS-2s also have this capability), but the post-loop is way more effective than with your pedals.