I am in the market for a new Fender telecaster from guitar center which one should i get?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Pick any of the classic vibes if you want a traditional tele sound, pick a Mexican standard if you want something more modern (six saddle bridge, ceramic pickups). The quality's about the same.
a little more money, but totally worth it: G&L ASAT Classic Tribute. its basically a classic tele design thats been further refined. its not a modernization of the classic tone, rather its a collection of small improvements.

I played literally dozens of teles side by side when I was searching (really wanted a GOOD tele), and it came down to two G&L's (I popped for an american made one, but the tribute was quite close too). they are quite nice, and you really ought to try a couple along with the standard fender MIM tele options (try multiple fenders, some are duds while some just rule)
probably wound't have a hard time finding a hwy1. i like them. a really good find would be an MIA, you will see those at that price here and there but not that often, and when they do they go fast.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The classic vibe series tele's not only sound more traditional but look 10x better.

Or if you really want Fender on the headstock you can go MIM.

I got mine used for 220 locally and spent 25 bucks on a wilkinson 3 brass saddle bridge.
It makes a huge difference. Looks better and sounds alot warmer and classic.

If you can go used I'd grab and MIM and mildly upgrade it. Save some money and have a nice playing guitar.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
probably wound't have a hard time finding a hwy1. i like them. a really good find would be an MIA, you will see those at that price here and there but not that often, and when they do they go fast.

A Highway 1 is MIA.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
A Highway 1 is MIA.

i know. your point?

a hwy1 is the stripped down MIA model.

the MIA std. are a different beast.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
maybe an agile at rondomusic.com
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
MIM's can be dodgy in quality on a guitar to guitar basis seemingly year by year, so make sure to play the one you are getting. the best years of MIM were the mid to late 90's. 2002-2004 aren't as nice, but the 2006's i had were both terrible.

i have gone through tons of MIM guitars, 3 teles and over a dozen strats, some of them i would buy to fix up and make a little bit of cash off of them. you really don't have to do much to make a few bucks. take a guitar with wearthed hardware #0000 steel wool, dress frets, and the top isn't glossy and shows a bit of wear, a little bit of buffing. plus they move fast for sale and trade.

the 2006 MIM tele i had (the other that year was a strat) there was a gap in the neck pocket that you could fit a penny in there. the neck wasn't on straight, the so the strings were all messed up near the nut.

the 2006 MIM strat just didn't feel good. it wasn't as bad as the tele, but i remember having issues with the tuners and trem. that should't happen on a guitar over a span of a few years.

i own one strat at the moment. it is a 95, and i love it, by far better than all of the others, i have gone through.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i know. your point?

a hwy1 is the stripped down MIA model.

the MIA std. are a different beast.

Actually, the American Special is the stripped down MIA model. The original early 2000s Highway 1 was a stripped down MIA model, but Fender revamped the series in 2006, and added features not seen on any other American model, including a Nitro Lacquer Finish and Jumbo Frets. On the other hand, the American Special is, spec-wise, more similar to a Mexican Standard with Texas specials.

MIM's can be dodgy in quality on a guitar to guitar basis seemingly year by year, so make sure to play the one you are getting. the best years of MIM were the mid to late 90's. 2002-2004 aren't as nice, but the 2006's i had were both terrible.

There hasn't been a major change to the Standard series since 1996, when Fender upgraded the stock tuners and added a heavier tremolo block.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by trashedlostfdup
MIM's can be dodgy in quality on a guitar to guitar basis seemingly year by year, so make sure to play the one you are getting. the best years of MIM were the mid to late 90's. 2002-2004 aren't as nice, but the 2006's i had were both terrible..

While there can be HUGE differences between various guitars of the same MIM model, I doubt it's that they decide to make shit guitars one year and perfect guitars the next year.

In other words, the year is not necessarily the main factor in determining the quality of a MIM guitar.
The best Tele in that price range is a used G&L ASAT.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate